How To Turn Off Autocorrect On iPhone?
Well, while writing any text auto correct interrupting, again and again, can be irritating especially if your iPhone is correcting the wrong words or phrases. And you desire to disable auto correct on your iPhone, but you don’t know how to do it? Do not worry this article is what you are searching for. Let’s see how to turn off autocorrect on iPhone so you can use the keyboard without having to worry about your words being changed and delivering wrong phrases and words.
First, let’s gather little information about the auto correct feature of iPhone.
Autocorrect is a software function that automatically makes suggestions or changes to what you’ve typewritten if it believes you’ve made a spelling or grammatical error. As technology has become more excellent and advanced, autocorrect is now able to identify more precise grammar errors with more prominent efficiency.
Auto-correct Used In Which Application?
Apple’s autocorrect feature, known as Auto-Correction, is active in any app that uses the keyboard of your iPhone. As time is passing each technology is providing the best features they could which include the iPhone as well. The iPhone has always had some form of autocorrecting software, which is enhancing frequently more advanced. This feature is being inbuilt in the messages app, the Notes app, email app, and many more. So just make sure that you want to disable autocorrect in all the applications as when you disable autocorrect on your iPhone, it will apply to all of your apps that use the keyboard, not just the Messages app.
Now, Let’s Know How To Turn Off Autocorrect On iPhone
- Go To The Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Tap the switch next to Auto-Correction.
- You’ll get to know that Auto-Correction is off when the switch is grey.
This is it to turn off autocorrect on iPhone! Now when you’ll use your iPhone keyboard, you’ll see that your words are no longer being auto corrected.
How To Use Auto-Correction?
Auto-Correction uses your keyboard dictionary to spellcheck words as you type, automatically correcting misspelt words for you. To use it, just type in a text field.
To make sure that this setting is turned on, use these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Auto-Correction. By default, Auto-Correction is on.
A Few More Keyboard Tips for Your iPhone
- To access the virtual trackpad on the iPad, hold two fingers on the keyboard. This gesture turns the keys blank, then you can move the cursor with your fingers.
- Numbers and special characters on the keyboard on an iPad. To activate these alternate numbers and characters, tap the key and slide your fingers slightly down.
- Voice Dictation bypasses typing completely but still keeps the Auto-Correction and spellcheck options available. Tap the microphone key next to the space key and speak to write a message. To insert a comma or period while you dictate, say comma or period.
Great! The auto correct has been successfully now on your iPhone and your sentences won’t change the meaning anymore. Now as you are aware now on how to turn off autocorrect on an iPhone, try sharing your knowledge. As you may know that this is one of the most common issues being faced by several people. Comment below and let us know how useful was this article to you and is your iPhone creating any autocorrect issue anymore?