Sometimes we create an extra email account for domestic purposes or to receive a particular mail. These accounts are for temporary purposes and they can be created quite easily. Although, creating them is not actually the issue.
I conducted personal research where I found out that a major amount of people had questioned, “how to delete a Gmail account?” which meant that a large number of people had no clue of how to delete a Gmail account, even if it wasn’t hard for them to create one. It’s pretty easy to delete a Gmail account and you can do that using your computer as well as your cellphone. So let’s discuss how we can do that.
How to Delete a Gmail Account
There are some important points that you must know before proceeding to delete your account.
- If you are using more than one Gmail account, then you would only be deleting the one you chose and the rest of them will remain active.
- People who send an email to your deleted account will receive a delivery failure message.
- The messages and data in the deleted account will be lost permanently but if you’ve downloaded them then they would still be available.
- Your subscriptions from your Google account other than Gmail won’t be lost.
- Only your Gmail would be deleted as a service, your Google account will remain active.
How to delete a Gmail account from your desktop
This can be carried out quite easily by following the given steps:
- Open Google Account Settings.
- Choose Data & Personalization.
- Now, swipe down to where Download, delete or make a plan for your data is given.
- Click on Delete a service or your account.
- And click on Delete a service.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now, you may choose the service that you would like to delete and you can do so by clicking on the icon of a trash can against the given service. In this case, click on the trash can against Gmail.
- Provide an email address that isn’t the same as the one acquainted with your Gmail account that you want to delete. Remember, provide an email address that you check frequently or is active as this will now turn into your Google account email address.
- Choose to Send Verification Email.
- Check the mail received from Google which would be written as “email@example.com“, and it might be having the subject as “Gmail Deletion Confirmation“.
- Now, click on the deletion link present in the mail received from Google.
- You might need to log in to your Gmail account that you wish to delete.
- Now, in the section of Confirm Gmail Deletion, check the checkbox against “Yes, I want to delete firstname.lastname@example.org permanently from my Google Account” where email@example.com is the email address that you wish to delete.
- Now select Delete Gmail.
- And then select Done.
This will successfully delete your Gmail account using your computer.
How to delete Gmail account from your cellphone
To delete your Gmail account using your cellphone, follow the given steps:
- Open your device settings and go to Google.
- Click on manage your account.
- Go to Data & personalization and look for Download, delete or make a plan for your data.
- Select Delete a service or your account.
- Tap on Delete a service.
- Log in to your account by entering your password.
- Tap on the trash can icon against Gmail.
- Enter a valid email address used by you for the verification code.
- Now, follow the instructions in that email and delete your account.
This will successfully delete your Gmail account using your cellphone.
I hope I could address all your queries and now you all know how to delete a Gmail account. If you have any further doubts, you can visit Google support or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.