Let’s start this article by asking you netizens a simple web awareness related question. Which is the world’s biggest eCommerce company? Alibaba?? No, that’s a wrong answer! I know some of the genius brains in you know the correct answer. Yes, you said it right, Amazon.
Amazon Inc. is the world’s no. 1 eCommerce giant with a market share of 6% across all versions of sale. Do you think 6% is less? Wait, lemme explain to you and then tell me. From every 100 products sold in the world market in any way let it be online, offline, store sale, retail sale or by promotional sale, 6 products are getting sold on Amazon. Now tell me how huge it is.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon started this company in his garage. In the year 1994, Jeff founded Amazon and now in the year 2020, Amazon generates a revenue of over $61 billion each year. This giant eCommerce platform is having its headquarters in Seattle, the US with over employees 750,000 working day and night for them.
If you use the internet then you are having an account on Amazon, this goes like being a human and breathing. Yes, this giant company is so much into our lives that we just can not ignore it moreover, we really don’t want to, because this company makes our daily life a much easier one.
Products ranging from cookie packet to computers and from balloon to billiards, this eCommerce platform sells literally anything to everything that comes with packing on it. Millions of small or large retailers are registered on Amazon to grow their businesses online.
Amazon surely changed the world and of course the approach of buying products forever now.
Why There Is Any Need To Delete Amazon Account? : Explained.
There is absolutely no harm if you leave your amazon account dormant, at least from Amazon’s back end. But yes, if someone steals your password then you may fall into some troubles.
Amazon now covers numerous services and offers like an amazon gift card, redeemable vouchers, credit points, prime services, etc. Amazon generally has sensitive details of yours like your home/office address, debit/credit card details, your phone number, email id and more.
This sensitive information can cause you severe damages if someone breaks into your amazon account. So, asking again if it’s important or not to delete the amazon account, would be foolish.
You can lose all your credit points or the person who stole your amazon id and password can use your gift vouchers for their own purchasings. This is somewhere less dangerous than it could be.
The sensitive information leak can be dangerous to any extent. Someone with malign intention has your credit/debit card details, you don’t need us to tell you how serious this concern is. Anything can happen from bank fraud to attack the written address.
So, it is very important to delete permanently those accounts which are not in use anymore. And it is recommended that you must also keep changing your passwords to achieve extra security.
Methods To Achieve Your Purpose.
If you think you can delete your amazon account permanently by following the same approach of some clicks in the system server and get success, we have bad news. Closing standard amazon account doesn’t work like this. However, you can close your amazon prime account like this but not your standard one.
So, let’s explain to you the methods for deleting both of your prime and standard Amazon accounts successfully. Read & follow.
If you want to delete only your prime account or you want to start from closing the prime services, the procedure is very simple and automated through which you can cancel your membership by some clicks. Follow the steps.
Step 1: Visit www.amazon.com
You don’t need to open your dedicated amazon app for this purpose.
Step 2: Sign in with your amazon id & password.
Step 3: Click on the Accounts & Lists option present on the top right of the taskbar.
Step 4: Select the Your Prime Membership option from this new pop up table.
Step 5: Now you will be redirected to a new page, here click on the Manage Membership option present on the top right tab.
Step 6: An options menu will dropdown. Click on the End Membership tab, present in last of this pop-up window.
Step 7: Follow the basic ongoing and click OK a multiple time & you may be asked to enter your password for this operation.
After this, you will end your prime membership forever now.
As discussed above, there is no automated way to delete your main account from Amazon. You have no option but to follow the protocols set by Amazon to achieve the purpose. Carefully read and follow the stepwise instructions written below.
Step 1: Visit www.amazon.com
Don’t forget to use this site on a desktop view, if you are using it on mobile.
Step 2: Sign in with your amazon id & password.
Step 3: Scroll right to the end of the page and click on the Help tab present on the extreme right corner in the menu.
Step 4: Now select the Need More Help tab present last in the menu.
Step 5: Here a separate menu will appear, click on the Contact Us option in it.
Step 6: Click on the Prime or Something Else tab from the taskbar.
Step 7: Now scroll down to the Select An Issue tab. Find for Account Settings in the menu and click it.
Step 8: A new bar with the name Select Issue Details will drop down in front of you. Click on the Close My Account option.
Step 9: Finally, a third taskbar will appear to you asking How would you like to contact us? Select whichever option you like from the Email, Chat & Call option.
Step 10: You will now be directed to the Amazon Customer Care service desk. Tell them your concern and they will immediately delete your account along with all your sensitive information and purchase or view history.
If you still want some help and finding it difficult to start, you can visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201945400&qid=1576367825&sr=1-1
I hope I could address all your queries and now you can easily resolve the How to delete your Amazon account permanently issue. If you have any further doubts, you can visit or contact your service provider or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful. And do tell me about your experience in fixing this issue, in the comment box.
Mac Start-Up Disc Is Full
You are struggling with space and the message pop up that informs you regularly that Start-Up Disc full. Well, let’s find out effective ways to clean your Start-Up Disc. This article will get you the proper solution to the problem you are facing.
Before that let’s gather the basic information about your startup disc is full.
You Get An Alert
When your start-up disc is almost full you get the warning alert that indicates that there is no longer enough free space on your disk. This often happens when many files occupy your Mac’s hard drive, bringing free space to a dangerously low level.
Impact on your Mac.
- The scarcity of free space on a startup disk leads to both unstable and slow performance of the macOS system.
- Launch or working properly becomes difficult, in fact, it can suddenly crash or solely cease to work.
Measures to be taken startup disk is full-on Mac
- Free up some disk space and this will also avoid the message popping.
- You can free the disc space by:
- You can either remove some files manually or
- Practice a special app to find non-beneficial files and clean up startup disk in moments.
- You can also upload some lengthy files to the cloud or you can also use backup disk, and remove those files from the startup disk, despite, this procedure necessitates you to have additional storage.
Data Storage Categories:
Majorly data is consumed by the following mentioned below, which occupies most of the space and the major reason for your startup disc full.
- Documents and Other items.
Now, you know what files take up space on your Mac startup disk. Usually, Movies, Pictures, or Backups take up the most space. Other biggest space consumers like “Other” files, including caches, logs, cookies, archives, disk images, plugins, extensions and so on also highly space consuming and cannot be neglected. You can remove non-beneficial files manually or use special software tools for quick and easy disk cleanup.
Space needs to be free
To make your 10 to 30 Gigabytes by removing unneeded files. You can take the help of the MacCleaner Pro bundle to both analyze disk space usage and free up disk space. This is one of the most agile solutions to clean the system disk and prevent the “Startup Disk Full” message.
MacCleaner Pro helps you to to identify the following:
- Largest files and removing junk files,
- Unneeded downloads,
- Duplicate files and folders,
- Unused applications.
Let’s check the startup disk on your Mac?
These steps will support you to notice which kind of files consuming your startup disk space.
- Click About This Mac menu at the Apple menu
- Click the Storage tab
- Review the storage usage to see what files are eating up space.
Mentioned below are the most effective ways to clean your full start-up disc.
Let’s begin Cleaning up Mac Startup Disk
Eliminate The Trash
Yes, it is true you frequently delete files and forget to empty the Trash. The junk available in Trash definetly occupies your disk space, so it is suggested that you empty the Trash folder at least once or twice a week.
Follow these two ways to delete files from the Trash folder permanently:
- Do a right-click on the Trash in the dock panel <select Empty Bin and your trash is clean.
- Another way to complete this task is to open the Trash < click the Empty button in the top right corner.
Clear Cache Memory
Cache files are basically temporary data stored on your hard drive and used to speed up processes. There are many application which might not be used anymore, the leftovers in the Cache folder may occupy much space of your disk memory.
It is also necessary to clear cache memory from time to time.
Cache files are stored in the Library folders, which you can find in the following locations:
In /Library/Caches you will find temporary files created by the system. Usually, these files don’t occupy too much space. However, in the ~/Library/Caches folder, you can find several junk files, which are created while running the application. Essentially, this folder may increase substantially in size. However, Cache files with an apple in the name cannot be deleted. Deleting such files may cause a system crash.
By default, the Library folder is hidden on macOS, like Apple. To open it, follow these steps:
- Go to the Finder window.
- From Menu click Go → Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches in the dialog box and click Go.
- Keep all the folders, but go into each one and delete the files inside.
- There are several times that you need to download files from web browsers, messengers, torrents, mail.
- By downloading files from the Internet, by default, they get saved in the Downloads folder and that occupies space.
- You can find downloads at this location: /Macintosh HD/Users/Current User/Downloads
- All of the files in the Downloads folder usually stay unorganized and may take up several Gigabytes of free space.
Downloaded files from the Internet are stored in the current user’s download folder. It generally happens that you download the file to use only once or twice, such as any pdf, document, information or image. Over time, this folder can become extremely large with files you grabbed on various Internet sites. Cleaning up this folder can return some much-needed space to your hard disk.
While the Library folder is open, you can also find another type of temporary file – Log files. Most of this logging information is only relevant to debugging and developer usage and has little practical usage to the average Mac user. They are stored in the Logs folder. Please make sure, before you remove the logs of the system, apps and mobile devices, that you no longer require them.
How to clear the log:
- From the Mac Finder, pull down the “Go” menu and choose “Go To Folder”
- Enter the following directory path exactly, including the tilde: ~/Library/Logs
- Selectively choose the logs you want to inspect or delete, or alternatively, you can select and trash them all
- Empty the Trash as usual
Erase Language Resources
Language Resources – are localizations of software, that is, all interface languages available in a program. Some programs have a huge number of possible interface languages that worth respect. But usually, users need only one version of the interface or just a few, but obviously not 20. Individually localizations take up not much space, around 1-2 Mb, but all together they may consume a lot. Apart from English, lots of apps include languages such as German, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Italian, Korean, Russian, Hindi, and others.
Follow the steps below to remove unneeded language files:
- Open the Applications folder → select Spotify → right-click and select Show Package Contents.
- In the window that appears, select Resources and delete the useless language files. Generally, these files have the first two letters of a particular language and an .lproj extension.
Using this method, you can remove all unused languages in your applications. Be careful to only delete certain language files, since deleting important application files can affect the app’s performance or even lead to a crash. Given steps can be easily done by the ClearDisk application. Press the Scan button, and the ClearDisk app will do all the work instead of you. It will find all junk files in just a few seconds: Downloads, Trash, Cache, Logs, Language Resources.
Shed Remains and Infrequently Used Files to External Drive
- There are many broken service files left after deleting the apps which are known ad remains. Such broken service files are worthless and they just take up your disk memory, so you should find and remove them.
- You will find the apps’ leftovers stored in the Library folder; though, they can be scattered in different locations all over your drive, littering your Mac. Searching for them manually seems to be an impracticable task.
Pass Large Seldom Practised Files to External Drive: Willing to free up gigabytes of data, the best way to do it as promptly as possible is to check out your Movies folder. Video content is the biggest space-eater as well as audio and photo files in the Music and Pictures folders.
- Check also your disk for other files with large sizes. For this, go to File in the Menu Bar and select New Smart Folder.
- In the top right corner click the Plus button and, in the parameter fields, select File Size … is greater than, and set the needed file size, for example, 1GB or 500MB. Preview the biggest files and remove/move unused ones.
- Though you might have removed the big files, like videos or music, you may have lots of other huge files you don’t suspect. Analyze your disk space usage deeper and find out what’s taking up the most space on your disk.
Delete Old iPhone Backups
While syncing your iPhone with iTunes, the application creates dozens of backup copies on your device, and also consume a significant amount of gigabytes of disk space, as it includes movies, music, and other large files.
There are two ways to find and remove backups:
- To find old backups, Open iTunes → Go to Menu Bar → iTunes → Preferences. You will find all the backups iTunes managed to make while working with your gadget. Before deleting But make sure they are in iCloud!
- Another option to find and remove iOS backups is to go to the following location: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Delete Mail Downloads
There are many mails several months of working with the mail client, which has been bundled and consumes several GB.
- You can find this folder is by searching via Spotlight. Just type “Mail Downloads” in the search field.
- If this method didn’t work, then open the Finder → press Shift+Cmd+G key shortcut and in a search field enter: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Mail
Preview the files and save those which you need, or delete all the files at once.
Uninstall Unused Apps
- There are many apps which are not utilized by you. There might be apps that were required only once but yet kept in your memory and consuming a lot of space.
- These apps take up a lot of space on your Mac’s hard drive. So it’s time to uninstall such unused programs. But please note, moving an app to Trash just by dragging and dropping it to Trash is not enough.
- Remove the app’s cache and other service files, which are stored in the Library folder.
- Rather than going on a search manually you can use various App Cleaner & Uninstaller that can automatically find all the service files of the apps and even the leftovers of already removed apps.
Use Cloud-Based Data Storage Services
- You might have used the Google Drive service, which means you know that even in a free version, the service provides 2 gigabytes of space. Moving big files and folders from your hard drive to the cloud storage can be done.
- You need to use the judicious synchronization option, which permits you to delete content sent to the cloud from the hard drive.
- To do the following- Launch Preferences → Sync section and specify the desired folders to sync.
- Except for Dropbox, there are dozens of other similar services you can use, such as Dropbox, iDrive, Microsoft SkyDrive and many more.
Do Not Keep Unnecessary Duplicate Files
Duplicate files take up useless disk space on your Mac. Hunting for duplicates with so much time consuming seems to be a lengthy and arduous process. Therefore, you can quickly find out the duplicate media files (music and video) in the iTunes Library.
To find duplicate music and video files, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Click the File in the Menu.
- Select Library → Show Duplicate Items.
iTunes will show you a list of duplicates. Examine the list and remove the duplicates.
Now the hard work starts for all other types of duplicate files, you need to look through each folder separately. This could take hours. But don’t panic; there is a solution. You can search for duplicate finder applications that can find out duplicate images, videos, apps and much more for you. You will surely find this useful.
Delete Unnecessary Screensavers And Images
If you are a Mac user you love to explore the diversity of screen savers and images and have a big collection of them, don’t forget that they may eat up a sizeable memory on your disk. But you can eliminate the unrequired screen savers and desktop pictures which are no more in your favorites.
To find the desktop wallpapers, go to the following directory:
- /Macintosh HD/Library/Desktop Pictures
- It contains 52 images of 432.52 Mb. You are free to delete all redundant pictures.
Back To Basics Restart Your Mac
The most basic yet effective, once you’ve cleaned up your hard drive, you should restart your Mac. A simply rebooting of the system can help to free up the disk space cluttered by temporary items and cache folders. This will help you to clean the virtual memory and sleep image files.
Clear Ram Memory on Your Mac
You must not forget about your RAM as well. This will not help in just creating more space on your Mac but will speed it up. This is especially important when your startup disk is almost full and your Mac’s speed is starting to lag. You can choose to download RAM cleaner which can be very beneficial.
Great!! now you know it all by utilizing these tips you can delete approximately 20 GB of data which can be kept free. This article provides you with the most effective way to clear your startup disc. Mentioned above suggestions definitely help you to do the proceeding manually as well as with the professional tools. Comment below and let us know does this article help you to clear your startup disc?
Trust me you are living a life that’s a dream to many of us these days, no phone for some time. Let’s get back to reality as no network isn’t good for our pockets. No money leads to misery..never forget that!
Now, this zero network situation may occur because of multiple factors linking software issue to hardware damage to service provider’s issue or if you are running out of luck pretty much, these three factors may add up altogether.
How Network Works?
To address the issue of No Network, let’s just understand first how this all works. The network is a continuous stream of signals and signals are a bunch of frequencies that start from network towers to our phones. What alters the frequency is the wavelength and these wavelengths decide how strong or weak signals would be.
Let’s keep it simple, a shorter wavelength means more frequency and more frequency means thick signal strength resulting in the best quality network for both calls and the internet. Now you know what makes a network weak. A frequency below 1000 MHZ serves crystal clear network and above 2300 MHZ results in a weak or dead network.
Different conditions affect the frequency on different levels, very least makes it better whereas all the others worsen the strength. The best way to stay in the network is to make the frequency travel through lesser hindrances, keep our handset in a proper working condition both software and hardware-wise.
Factors Responsible For No Network: Solutions.
We all drop our phones once in a while or more frequently than each other, what are the chances of physical damage on the phone? Well nobody can predict that as it depends on your own level of ignorance or intensity of the accident happened.
In some cases, you might damage the sides/cornering peripheral signal chip responsible for all the connectivity and loose network until you make the concerned technical guy repair/change the broken part again.
Not every time a hardware issue comes from physical damage. An old/foul/unbranded uncertified battery may drag you in this situation too. Yes, the same battery you thought would have nothing to do with the phone’s internal affairs. Wrong interpretation. Battery affects the overall performance and hence the network too.
Can you even guess a mere cover may ever get the blame of refraining you to have a network? It may sound foolish but some materials aren’t good in dealing with signals, yours could be worth blaming too.
Try cleaning and putting a sim card properly inside the device again. There may be some dust particle present on your sim which is acting as a hindrance to network or a heavy jerk made the sim card lost its proper position.
The software world is all complex for many of us but at the same time, resolving these small network problems are just as easy as making a phone call the maximum times. So dear netizens, crack your fingers up and show the minion software whose boss here!
Almost every smartphone manufactured in recent years definitely provides us a separate option “Network Reset” which helps us troubleshoot the network issue. To find this option go to the menu section and select “Setting”, now go straight down and click “About Phone” here you will find “Network Settings” here is where the solution stays.
If the above solution doesn’t work for you, don’t feel shame going Lehman by switching off then on your phone. Okay, let’s call it “Restart” to satisfy the classy person in you. This method works most of the time as it refreshes the system all over.
Service Provider’s Issue
This generally happens when it’s raining or we are in a low network coverage area. Not every service provider covers all the places equally. However, we can’t forget the fact that your own house can be a hindrance to the network wavelength too.
Generally, the service providers are using 1800 MHZ frequency these days which are close to fair network bandwidth range. Walls around the house or coming in the way are making the wavelength longer hence weakening the signals and resulting in no network.
In such a situation try to find an area with good network strength, would be much convenient if you find it outside your room if not inside. Or there is always an option to call your service provider on their customer service helpdesk and get them to resolve the issue for you. Here are the websites of the most famous service providers which share almost the whole market.
Verizon – www.verizonwireless.com
T-Mobile – www.t-mobile.com
AT&T – www.att.com
Sprint – www.sprint.com
Does Mobile Network Really Affect The Birds?
I wish I could say No to this but that’s a really saddening fact for us, this is true! Most of the migrating birds travel from one place to another all by themselves. These birds geo-locate themselves with the help of their brain’s capability to understand and follow the magnetic waves of earth.
These frequencies of the network create an electromagnetic field. Whenever the migrating birds come in these fields, birds confuse them with the earth’s magnetic field and lose their way to the destination. Sometimes the fields are so strong that the birds start to fly and bump into obstacles around which at times turn fatal for them and resulting in death.
Mobile phones, texts, internet, social and business teleconnection are obviously an integral part of our daily life. No one can imagine a world with mobile phones but the least we can do is stay a little less ambitious and not asking or letting the service providers go below 1800 MHZ. Remember, the earth doesn’t belong just to humans but to every creature equally.
I hope I could address all your queries and now you can easily resolve the Why Is My Mobile Network Not Available. If you have any further doubts, you can visit or contact your service provider or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful. And do tell me about your experience in fixing this issue, in the comment box.
Accidentally Deleted App Store
Deleted the app store mistakenly and now searching for? Well, this is the article you are searching for. If you are worried about the possibility of App Store Icon being deleted on your iPhone, the good news is that you or anyone with access to your iPhone can’t delete the App Store Icon.
The most examined possibility is that App Store Icon is misplaced somewhere on your iPhone or your device is preventing you from accessing the App Store.
Double Check Everywhere
- Make sure the icon is not in a folder.
- Check every Home screen and every folder.
- Also, use search to see if you can find it.
- From the Home screen, swipe to the left screen, then search for the “App Store” to see if it appears.
Let’s Get Back Your Missing Apps
- Launch “Settings” from the Home screen.
- In iOS12 and higher choose “Screen Time” > “Content Privacy & Restrictions” > “Content Privacy” > “Allowed Apps“. In iOS 11 and lower, choose “General” > “Restrictions“. If your iPhone is running a version of iOS earlier than 12, the process is a little different. This may be different from the passcode lock you usually use to unlock your phone. If you don’t know this password, the only way to disable the password and reenable the App Store is to restore your iPhone back to factory settings using iTunes.
- Well now as you are searching at the Restrictions menu, tap Disable Restrictions at the top to fix the problem once and for all. As you contemplate through the options, you might notice you accidentally had some functionality turned off. If you were thinking that you deleted the App Store on an iPhone running iOS 11 or earlier, you probably just had ‘Installing Apps’ turned off.
- Make sure “iTunes Store” and you will want to set it to “On“.
App Store Purchases. Make sure it says next to Install Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-app Purchases. Still, if one of these options says Don’t Allow, tap on it, then tap Allow.
Reset Home Screen
The icon may be on a different home screen or in a folder. Look on other screens and within folders. If you still can’t find it, try resetting the home screen by selecting “Settings” > “General “> “Reset” > “Reset Home Screen Layout“. Well, this must return your icons to default settings and restore the App Store icon.
Restore Your iPhone:
Unable to revive your Restrictions passcode for the and struggling with it your whole life, here are some suggestions to make the restore process go nice and smooth:
- Back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before you restore your phone. That way, just in case something goes wonky, you’re 100% safe and sound.
- Transfer all your photos and videos to your computer using the USB charger cable that came with your iPhone.
- Double-check that all your contacts, calendars, notes, and other personal information are synchronized on iCloud, Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, or any other cloud service. If any personal information is stored on the cloud, it won’t be deleted when you restore your iPhone, and it will be immediately come back to your device when you set up those accounts again.
AppStore Is Back!
HURRAY!! you got your AppStore back. Well, this is the fact that it cannot be deleted. But searching for it can frustrate you as it is time-consuming and difficult to search without proper guidance. And to make your work easier and save your time this article is really beneficial for you. Comment below and let us know how useful was this article to you to get back your AppStore?
Like any other phone, your Apple also releases a new iPhone software update including all new features in it. And you are willing to try it all. You try to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS but hard luck! Your iPhone won’t update. You try number if times the same error messages keep popping up making it difficult for you.
Do not worry this article will help you step by step to resolve the issue and update your iPhone time to time.
Always Work – iPhone Won’t Update?
- Many times when your phone doesn’t respond you restart it to make it function again.
- Well, this is one of the obvious facts that rebooting your iPhone can fix update issues.
- Hold down your iPhone’s power button till the time “Slide to Power Off” slider appears on the screen.
- Swipe the slider from left to right with your finger.
- Now wait a few seconds for your iPhone to power off, and instantly turn it back on by holding down the power button. Now you’ve restarted your iPhone.
Check Whether You Have Enough Free Space
- You need to check whether your iPhone has enough capacity to store the update.
- Generally, iOS updates require 750-800 megabytes of free space before they can be installed. (1000 megabytes = 1 gigabyte, so get it clear that it’s not a lot of space.)
Now you need to know how much space is available, follow the steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the General button.
- Scroll down and tap iPhone Storage.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see how much storage is available on your iPhone. If your iPhone contains more than 1 GB (gigabyte), then you have enough storage space to update your iPhone.
iTunes Not Responding:
Well, generally there are two ways to update an iOS device:
- By using iTunes or
- Within the Settings app.
If you find you’re getting errors when using iTunes to update your iPhone, give the Settings app a chance. If the Settings app doesn’t work, try using iTunes. You can check out another article on the iTunes activation error in detail.
Highlights of Updating Your iPhone in iTunes
- Open iTunes on your system and connect your iPhone using your Lightning cable (Cable utilized to charge your iPhone).
- Click the iPhone button at the top of the iTunes window.
- Click the Update button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to update your iPhone by tapping Download and Update.
Let’s Check Another Way: Update iPhone in the Settings App
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Connect your iPhone and tap the Download and Install button on the screen.
Apple Servers May Struggle Overloading
- It frequently happens that whenever Apple releases a new iOS update, mostly all the iPhone users (In Millions) connect their iPhones to Apple servers to download and install it.
- With so many people connecting to update at the same time, Apple’s server may grapple to keep up, which could be one of the reasons for your iPhone not being updated.
- This problem was seen with Apple’s most current and significant update: iOS 11. Several people had a hard time installing the update.
- While updating your iPhone be clear that there are also many people who willing to do the same, so it may take time and can test your patience.
Your iPhone Still Struggling With Updation
Still Struggling With Updation, it’s time to restore your iPhone in iTunes.
Be assured that you have backed up your iPhone before restoring. As you already know you’ll be deleting all content and settings from your iPhone.
Steps To Follow In Restoring Your iPhone
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone using your Lightning cable.
- Click the iPhone button at the top of the iTunes window.
- Click the Restore button on the righthand side of the window.
- Authenticate (Confirm) you want to restore your device in the pop-up window. iTunes will download the latest version of iOS, erase everything from your iPhone, and install an updated version of iOS.
Still Struggling!! Get A Help
There are different restore available aside from a traditional restore because it wipes all software and hardware settings from your phone. It’s often seen as the final step in fixing software on a stuck iPhone.
Delighted!! You iPhone Updated.
Great! your iPhone is finally updating again. With so many guidance and methods, this article is the most essential one for you to update your iPhone. Comment below and let us know how useful was this article to you in updating your iPhone?
Nowadays, smartphones are providing their users with cutting edge features that were definitely beyond people’s thought process. They provide features like “Find My Phone”, which helps us lock or erase our Apple device in case we lose it. One such feature helps the user in case they have a phone number saved on their device’s address book but doesn’t have any name or alias. It tries to guess it. You can also term it as iPhone “maybe:” contact.
It works in a way that if it finds a nameless contact in the address book, it checks your email address for any mail related to a person with that contact number. If it succeeds in finding a link between a contact number and a person, it saves the contact as “Maybe: Name”, where Name is the name of the person linked with the contact.
How To Stop This From Happening
This is a quite brilliant feature but it also creates a nuisance at times because it saves and manipulates contact details of a person, without our consent. But it can easily be stopped using some simple methods.
Turning Off Siri Suggestions
Most of the time, on the lock screen of your device, there will be a “Maybe:” beside a contact’s name as a notification. This happens when Siri Suggestion is turned on, on the Lock Screen. In order to stop this from happening, follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and go to Siri and search.
- Now, toggle off Suggestions on Lock Screen.
Signing In and Out of iCloud
Signing out of your iCloud account and then signing in again might fix the issue with your contacts that have “Maybe:” before them if your iCloud account has your contacts linked to it. In order to sign out of your iCloud account, follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and choose where your name is written on top of all the other options in settings.
- Get to the bottom of the screen and click on Sign Out.
- Now, enter the password to your Apple ID to disable Find My iPhone Out, because it can’t remain on while signing out of your account.
Now, log back into your account by opening Settings and then selecting Sign in to your iPhone.
Create A New Contact
When you receive a message from someone, your device tries to figure out the name and you might see the name written above that message strip with the prefix “maybe:”. To fix this, you can add the number, from which the message was received, as a contact. You can do this by following the given steps:
- Tap on the number in the conversation and click on the information icon which looks like an encircled “i”.
- Tap again on the number.
- Now, click on Create New Contact.
- Enter the person’s details and tap Done.
The new contact is created and now you won’t have to see “Maybe:”, before that contact. [Note: These steps are for iOS 12 and later, which is currently being used and if you are using iOS 11 or older then you might find the “i” button on the top right corner of the conversation.]
Delete The Contact and Recreate it Again
In some cases, the contacts prefix still remains “Maybe:” even after saving its actual name. This can occur due to a syncing error or maybe a minor glitch. This can be fixed if you delete the contact and add it again. This can be carried out using the following steps:
- Open the calling app and choose Contacts, which would be located on the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the contact to be deleted and click on it.
- Click Edit, located on the top right corner of the display, and get to the bottom to click on Delete Contact.
After deleting the contact, create it again.
Update the System Software of Your Device
Updating the software of any device fixes existing issues and mostly makes it better. Although updating your software won’t necessarily fix your issue but you can still try it. To do this, you can follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and go to General.
- Click on Software Update.
- Click on Download & Install, if any updates are available.
Additionally, if this happens due to an app that you’ve deleted, which primarily had access to your contacts then you may need to install it again or you’ll have to modify these contacts manually.
I hope I could address all your queries and you are able to resolve this issue easily. If you have any further doubts, you can visit support.apple.com or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.