There have been a lot of advancements in the field of audio and music. Since the last decade, there have been major changes in playback devices and earpieces that deliver good sound. One such great development was the ear pods.
These are handy little devices that are completely wireless and are connected to other devices using Bluetooth. They work on internal capacitors or batteries which need to be charged and provide highly powerful performance for quite a while depending on their capacity.
One such ear pod was designed by Apple and was called the Air pods. Its created as an iCloud device so it can easily pair with any Apple device quite easily.
But recent research has shown that a lot of Apple users are having trouble that their Airpods won’t connect to MacBook. This is a quite unfortunate and frustrating issue but it can be fixed quite simply.
Understanding Why Your Airpods Won’t Connect to MacBook
There can basically be two major reasons if your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook. They are:
- The Bluetooth on either or both of the devices might be faulty. This disables you from making a secure wireless connection between the devices because the devices won’t be able to recognize each other.
- Another reason that your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook might be that your MacBook has a bug. These bugs may prevent your MacBook from connecting to your Air pods. [Note: a bug means a noticeable issue in an operating system that may cause certain short term as well as long term errors.]
There are a couple of ways to fix this issue.
Force Restart Your MacBook
Force restarting your MacBook fixes all the minor software glitches. This can help in bringing back your device’s functionality and in turn, allow it to connect to Air pods again. This can be done by following the given steps:
- Force shut down your MacBook by pressing and holding the power button until it switches off.
- Now, turn it back on again by pressing the power button once again and releasing it.
Try connecting to your Air pods again.
Update Your MacBook
Using an old version of OS on your MacBook may lead to such unexpected issues as well. This may be one of the issues why your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook. And it’s quite easy to surpass this issue. All you need to do is update your MacBook. Using the given steps, you can easily check for updates:
- Check for the Apple logo on the top and click on it.
- Choose About This Mac.
- This will get you a prompt telling you about the version of OS you’re using currently.
- Now, select Software Update.
Try connecting to your Air pods again. If they connect then that would mean there was a bug in your MacBook.
Connect Your Airpods Manually
Try connecting your Air pods manually to your MacBook instead of trying to let them connect on their own. This can be done by following the given steps:
- Enable Bluetooth on your MacBook.
- Open the charging case of your Air pods.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Beneath your devices, select your Air pods.
This might lead your device to connect with your Air pods.
Forget The Airpods From Your MacBook
Forgetting your Air pods as a paired device from your MacBook and pairing it again may solve your issue too. Forgetting Air pods is an easy task. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Now, choose your Air pods beneath Devices
- Hit the X
- Select Forget Device when you see the pop-up.
Try to connect your Air pods to your MacBook again.
Reset the Airpods
The final step which can help you connect your Air pods to your MacBook is this. By resetting your Air Pod, you might be able to fix the glitch that is preventing your Air pods to connect with your MacBook. This can be carried out by following the given steps:
- Push the setup button on your case, which would be found on its back.
- Release the button after the status light starts to change colors to amber and then flashes white.
Try connecting your Airpods to your MacBook again.
[Note: Air pods only work with their compatible OS so make sure that you’re using macOS Sierra or higher on your MacBook for the first generation of Air pods and macOS 10.14.4 or higher for the second generation of Air pods.]
I hope I could address all your queries and now you may easily troubleshoot the issue if your airpods won’t connect to MacBook. If you have any further doubts or if you still can’t get your Airpods to connect to MacBook, then visit your nearest Apple Store or you may contact Apple support. For additional help, you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.
With each new iOS Updates, the previous devices face many issues like Overheating, performance issues, battery backup issues, etc. This even happened to Apple’s last year’s flagship iPhone X and its other variants. There are mainly 2 reasons for the Overheating & Performance Drainage issues, External & Internal Issues. we’re gonna discuss both of these issues with its cause & Remedy!
External Issues for Overheating: These issues are generally caused due to external usage such as Over Charging your Device, using your device in extreme or harsh conditions, etc. Generally, when you charge your device, it feels a little warm which is normal but if it gives a burning sensation to your hands, then something’s wrong!
1. Thick Case: If you’re using a 3rd party Thick Case for your device, it may cause heating issues to the device as it doesn’t let the heat produced from charging the device out causing Overheating of the device which can result in lesser battery backup.
2. Charging Adapter: if you’re using a 3rd Part Charger which doesn’t come inside the box can cause heating issues and can also affect the battery performance of your device. This happens because of the difference in power consumption as normally iPhones need 5W to 18W of power and these 3rd party chargers might not fulfill that.
3. OverCharging: It is one of the most obvious reasons for overheating and lesser battery performance. If one keeps the device for charge even after the battery is 100% then it affects the battery which causes overheating and other battery & performance issues.
4. Harsh Temperature: If you’re using the device in harsh temperature such as in direct sunlight or keeping it in your pocket for too long in a hot sunny day can heat up your device.
Internal issues For Overheating: These are Software-based issues that cause performance and overheating issues in the device. these can be caused due to some bug in the latest OS update or by Excessive load on the device’s hardware.
1. OS Update: As you know apple releases it’s new flagship device every year with a new OS Update which is optimized for the latest flagship device. But when the same OS Update comes to the older gen devices, it causes performance and overheating issues as the latest update is not optimized for older chipsets such as the A11 Bionic Chip in the iPhone 10 causing Slower Processing, heating issues and frequent hang’s in the device.
2. Installing too many apps: installing too many apps is also one of the main reasons for overheating of the devices as all the unnecessary apps which you’re not using are still running in the background and consuming CPU’s free space which causes heating issues in CPU and performance lags in the device.
3. High Screen-On time: If you’re using your device for a long time to watch some Movie or if your screen is on for a long time, then it can cause overheating issues in your device as the screen is manufactured from glass and the device’s body is made up of steel or other metals and this causes less heat transfer from the device and produces higher heat.
4. Excessive games or Graphical performance: If an HD game is being played for a long time continuously on the device then it might cause overheating issues as the game takes up a high amount of all CPU, GPU, nd battery usage.
How to Fix Overheating Issues your iPhone?
1: Close all background apps: If your device has several apps running in the background then you should close them all right now as it will decrease the power usage and CPU Usage on the device which will reduce the temperature gradually.
2. Deleting Power Consuming apps: If your device has some high power consuming, background processing apps then you must uninstall them right now as they are opened in the ground even when you are not using them which causes overheating and performance issues.
3. Update Your iOS: if you’re using an extremely old version of iOS then you should update your OS to the latest version now.
4. Background App Refresh: Turning odd background app refresh can help you a lot with performance and battery backup as it stops the background apps like facebook, Instagram, etc to refresh each time the device gets unlocked which saves battery and improves performance.
5. Disable Bluetooth, GPS, Airdrop, Etc: Disabling these settings on your device will turn these sensors off which will save a lot of battery and will slightly increase the performance,
6. Stop using your phone while charging: Using it while charging is one of the main reasons for overheating because the device usually gets warm while charging and if some processing is being done on it then it starts to overheat.
Among these solutions, you can choose the one probably suitable for your iPhone X, or just try them one by one. Any other questions, please leave us a comment below. If still, our device is overheating then please Consider going to the nearest apple store as your battery might have some defect.
Hello, Nowadays so many Mac users are facing the issue of slow performance. Mac or Mac Book Pro is also like other PC but when it comes to performance people expect more than usual from Mac or Mac Book Pro.
Sometimes Mac or Mac book pro starts performing slowly, It takes a lot of time in a boot process and sometimes it doesn’t get open. These issues usually occur because of poor maintenance, malware, corrupted system files, damaged hardware and shortage of ram.
So if you’re also facing these problems just don’t worry. Here in this article we have prepared 10 easy tips by which you can easily speed up your MAC Book Pro.
10 Tips to Speed Up Mac or Mac Book Pro
All the tips below will not take much time, However, it will surely help to improve your Mac or Mac Book pro performance. If you follow some of these tips regularly, you won’t have to worry about the performance of your Mac or Mac Book pro.
1. Update Your Mac or Mac Book Pro
There is a possibility that you haven’t updated your Mac for some time. If your Mac or Mac Book pro is not updated just update your Mac.
Every software update contains a lot of useful improvements, some of which can boost your Mac’s performance. So allow them to improve your Mac’s performance, you just have to upgrade the system of your Mac. Go to the App Store, click on Updates and install.
2. Locate the Power Draining Processes
Some apps consume more power than usual which leads to slow performance in Mac or Mac Book Pro. So if you want to find out which programs are draining your Mac’s power. You can use an activity monitor, Open it from the utility folder of your Applications folder, or you can also use Spotlight to locate it.
Activity Monitor provides detail information of your Mac’s five different sections( CPU, Memory, Energy, Disk, and Network usage). In case your Mac is running slowly, Check the CPU monitor. It displays the effect of processes on your Mac’s processor. For detail information click on the specific column name, like % CPU, it will display the list of all programs with their CPU usage.
3. Manage your Startup Items
Startup items are the programs and processes that launch automatically when you log in to your Mac. You might have noticed that some programs and apps start with a super-fast speed or sometimes they don’t even take a usual time to load.
So to prevent your Mac from this unwanted startup process. Go to the system preference>user group>check for your user name. Now enter your password, and you get the list of your Login items. Just Select any you don’t want to start up automatically and click on the Minus (button) it will remove them from the Startup items list.
4. Disable Reopen Windows
In Mac OS X, there is a default setting which is to show the login screen when the Mac has booted up. It could be helpful when there’s only one user. It presents yet another step during the bootup before you get to the desktop.
So if you want to skip the login screen and login automatically as any of the users on the system, Just follow the guide below:
- Go to the System Preferences and select Users & Groups
- Click on the Login Options at the left side of the panel
- Now select the user account to automatically login from the Automatic login Box.
5. Limit the Visual Effects
In terms of visual effects, Mac’s are excellent they have a great visual effect. However, the visual effects can also cause slow performance. So limiting the visual effects of your Mac might help you speed up your system.
If you want to adjust your Mac’s visual effects to speed up your Mac, Just follow the instruction given below:
Go to the system preference > Dock and uncheck the followings:
- Animate opening applications
- Automatically hide and show the Dock
- Set Minimize windows using to Scale Effect.
In case, You want to reduce the transparency, To do it, go to the Settings> Accessibility > Display, check “Reduce Transparency”.
6. Re-index spotlight
If your OS updated, then you might have noticed that your mac’s performance gets slow usually when the spotlight is indexing, it takes few minutes then your Mac starts working as before. Sometimes it gets stuck and your Mac’s stops responding or working. If you are facing these issues, Just don’t worry you can fix it on your own.
So if you want to speed up your Mac, you have to re-index spotlight, To do that go to the system preference > spotlight and do click on the “Privacy”.
Now you have to get your hard drive from finder into the privacy list. Once added remove it by clicking the symbol, After that, the indexing will start but when it gets finished, it will boost your Mac’s performance.
7. Clear the Caches
If you don’t what are the Caches, This is files contain temporary data that used to speed up certain processes. Usually, different programs create different caches which helps them to load and perform instantly.
For instance, a web browser caches web pages to load a website faster it crates caches in case you revisit that website then the caches will help you load faster.
It is a great feature, but there is always “but.” After some time, these caches start taking a lot of storage on your Mac, and instead of speeding your Mac, that will slow your Mac’s performance.
Now you might be thinking how to clear these caches and how to speed up your Mac. You can use any third-party app which will remove all the stored caches from your Mac or you can do it manually.
8. Clean up your Mac’s hard drive
If you want to speed up your Mac then cleaning up the hard drive of your mac would be the perfect way to do that. Sometimes hard drives have a lot of bugs and corrupted files that slow down the performance of your Mac.
So if you want to clean up your hard drive then you can do it manually. cleaning up the hard drive manually might take a lot of attention and time. If you want to save your time then just download and use any third-party app that will clean up hard drive automatically.
9. Create a new user profile
If you are not satisfied with updating your macOS, You can also create a new user profile on your Mac. There are possibilities that some settings in your current user profile have been compromised and got changed or cluttered with outdated system logs. So, in that case, if you want to speed up your Mac you should create a new user profile.
If you don’t know how to create a new profile in Mac, Just follow all the steps given below:
- Click the Apple logo, Go to the “System Preferences”.
- Now Click on the Users & Groups.
- Click on Unlock changes.
- Now just add a new user with “+”
Once you have created a new user profile now you have to import your user data to your new account. Therefore, Mac has an inbuilt feature “Shared Folder”specific for the import of user data to the new user account. You can find it through finder>Go > Computer > Macintosh HD >Users. Just move all your data into that folder and login to your new account.
10. Re-installation of OS
If all the above tips and tricks didn’t speed up your Mac’s performance, So, in that case, Reinstalling the OS would be the perfect option for you. Sometimes system files get corrupt because of the installation updates, malicious software and malware. When the system file gets corrupt it makes the whole system unstable and your Mac starts performing slowly.
Make sure to create a backup before performing the re-installation of OS. You can do it on your own if you have some experience, Otherwise, just go to the nearest service center. Once the re-installation is done your Mac will get speed up.
I hope this article was informative enough to help you speed up your Mac or Mac Book pro. In this article, we have mentioned all of the possible ways through which you can speed up your Mac. Some of them might be time-consuming but they are worthy enough. If your issue still not resolved your Mac is still performing slowly, there is a chance that your hard drive or ram is damaged. In case your Mac is old and you are using insufficient ram than adding more ram can improve the performance of your Mac or Mac Book Pro.
If you have any other queries or suggestions to make, Feel free to comment down below.
Apple introduced the dark mode theme in late 2018 after the mac-OS Mojave (10.4) update. Unfortunately, Devices with the older version of macOS cannot use this dark mode theme on their devices but can enable a dark Dock and Menu Bar.
The dark mode gives a new overall dark theme to your MAC which gives less stress on your eyes and helps you focus on your work. Also, it gives you a new theme that looks great so can’t ignore that. All the inbuilt software and most of the Third-Party Software can adopt to this dark theme.
Not Sure which Version of mac-OS you’re using or is your OS compatible with Dark Mode and Other Features? Click Here!
What all changes in Dark Mode? Does it reduce functionality?
No, the Dark Mode doesn’t reduce the functionality of the OS in fact, it offers a lot more protection to the eyes while working late Nights. Whenever I use my mac at nights, I make sure that Dark Mode is enabled and I focus a lot better. Let’s see what all changes in the dark mode:
- The White or Translucent background on the Dock and the menu bar turn Darker.
- All the Pop-Ups, Draw downs, Scrolls become a lot darker all across the OS.
- Most of the Third-Party software which are compatible with the Dark Mode provides a Dark Menu, Popups and Drop Downs.
- All the inbuilt apps & Software like Calendar, calculator, mail, safari, etc provide a Dark Interface.
How To Use Dark Mode on your Mac OS?
- Click on the Apple Logo on the top left of the Menu Bar.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Go to General and select Appearance.
- Now in the appearance Window, Select Dark Mode and boom! It’s Dark already!
You can change it to light mode again whenever you feel like, by following the same steps again and in the appearance window simply select light mode.
How to enable Dark Mode on with Mac-OS V 10.3 or older?
- Click on the Apple Logo on the top left of the menu bar.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Go to General and check for Use Dark Menu Bar and Dock and enable it.
Follow the same steps again if you wish to disable this dark mode feature.
Which Third-Party Apps Supports Dark Mode on Mac-OS?
The Most amazing password management app was updated with a dark theme with the release of the new Dark Mode on the macOS which perfectly blends in with the System-wide Dark Theme.
This powerful and minimal Note-taking app has a dark theme after the 10.4 macOS update. Agenda also provides a dark them for OS older than Mojave.
This File Transferring Software also comes with a dark mode option that blends in with your OS theme. The Dark mode on this can be enabled automatically when Dark Mode is enabled on your System.
The amazing to-do list app now offers software wide dark mode which is enabled according to your system’s settings.
This app provides a dark theme on older versions of the OS. This Dark theme enables automatically when dark mode is enabled on your system (Only available for the newer versions of OS)
What do you think of this feature? Is this helpful for your eyes too? Do let us know in the comment
Section below. Also if you have any other issues related to apple products then visit here.
An Apple ID helps its user to access the services provided by Apple like iTunes, Apple Music and iCloud. It also helps you to keep your purchases intact on your personal devices when logged in with the same ID. By an Apple ID, you can keep track of your orders, gift cards, debit / credit cards, etc. It is basically a type of authentication method for all your Apple devices and contains your settings and personal information. Your Apple ID can get locked due to several reasons but it all boils down to one major reason, which is to keep your personal information safe.
The user won’t be able to access any Apple services, if his/her Apple ID is disabled or locked. Generally when someone takes a lot of incorrect attempts to log into an Apple ID, Apple locks that ID automatically to prevent unauthorized use. In such a situation, the user is most likely to see a prompt like:
Although, there are still ways to recover your Apple ID and it is quite simply done by verifying your true identity by the help of an account recovery service called iForgot. In some of such cases, the user might be asked to reset his/her account password. If you make too many unsuccessful attempts to unlock your Apple ID, then Apple might restrict you from attempts for even a full day. This basically targets to prevent the ability of hackers to perform a brute force attack on your account.
How To Get Access To A Disabled Apple ID
- Open your browser, type the link- iforgot.apple.com and press enter. You’ll see a page like this:
- You need to enter the Apple ID, which is basically, the email address of your Apple account.
- Enter the given code to prove that you’re a human being and click Continue.
- You will then be directed to a page that depend s on the type of security chosen by you for your Apple account:
- If the type of security you’ve chosen is two-factor authentication, then you will get a code on a device trusted by you or on your phone number via a text message. Once you’ve entered this code, your account will be unlocked, after which you can change your password.
- If the type of security chosen by you is the older version of two-step verification, then the recovery key provided at the time of setting up, will be needed along with the current code received on the device trusted by you. If you don’t have the recovery key then you might not be able to unlock your account.
- If you didn’t choose either of these options, you might have to try unlocking your account using the password or by answering some security questions.
- Congratulations, if you’ve successfully regained access of your Apple ID by using the above steps.
After you have gained control of your Apple ID and changed your password successfully, you might also need to set it up in your iCloud settings and all the other Apple services.
Some Steps You Can Use To Protect Your Account
- Don’t hand out your Apple ID to a lot of people.
- Try logging into your Apple ID only through Apple services because sometimes people send phishing emails in an attempt to get your login details.
- You can use a strong password for your Apple ID which cannot be compromised easily.
- Try setting up two-factor authentication to secure your account even further.
I hope I was able to address all your queries. If you are still having trouble, trying to gain access of your disabled Apple ID, then you can simply contact Apple care or you can visit support.apple.com.
Nowadays slow performance is the most common issue in Mac, So many users are facing this issue. If you don’t want to face these issues, just perform tasks such as installing an antivirus, clearing the caches, free up the Ram and uninstall power-draining programs.
Some times all the above-mentioned tasks take a lot of time to perform and unable to provide desired results. In that case, Users usually go for the defragmentation of their Mac. Defragmentation is the process that reorganizes the data on your drive to improve the performance of your system.
So if you want to improve the performance of your Mac, you should defrag your Mac. However, there is no specific way to perform defragmentation because the file system of Mac is designed differently than Windows. Mac’s defrag files automatically But there are still some situations when you need to defrag your Mac.
Here in this article, we have prepared a proper guide to defrag a Mac and we have also written some other information which will give the answers to all the questions you might have about the defragmentation.
When and Why do you need to defrag a Mac?
Defragmentation is the process of boosting a PC’s performance by reorganizing the data on your drive. It put’s all the related bits in groups together and loading files or programs start taking less time than before. Mac defragment moves everything back in order and improves the performance of the system.
If your Mac is running any version of OS X later than 10.2 then you don’t have to defrag your Mac. OS X and macOS have inbuilt Apple Mac utilities that prevent your drive from fragmented files. Therefore, for most users, t eliminates the need to perform a regular defrag.
There is only one situation when you need to defrag your MacBook or MacBook Pro is when your hard drive is 90% full. If 90% of the hard drive is occupied, then your Mac OS won’t be able to perform automatic defragmentation. So in that case, you might have to remove extra and useless files or you can expand the storage of your Mac after that your Mac system would be able to perform automatic defragmentation.
How to Defrag a Mac
In Mc, there is no specific feature that can tell you how to defrag a MacBook. So if you want to defrag your Mac, You have to go for third-party tools. Here, we have written all the top-listed tools which can help you defrag a Mac.
If you want to defrag your Mac, You can rely on iDefrag to defrag a Mac. It is the most perfect tool to help you defrag and optimize your Mac.
Click here to download iDefrag. Once the file gets downloaded install it and just reboot your system. After that, the iDefrag will provide you all the related options to defrag your Mac.
Once you have installed the iDefrag on your Mac, you will be able to defrag your Mac’s hard drive easily. It can also perform selective defragmentation. Although the iDefrag software is most user-friendly, well organized, and improved so you don’t need any skills to use it.
2.Disk tools pro
DiskTools Pro would be the perfect tool for you If you want to defrag a MacBook Pro. It can help you defrag a Mac, DiskTools Pro has three most helpful features, defrag, backup, and repair.
The DiskTools Pro is a software that makes the repair and maintenance of the Mac system quick and simple. It has a lot of other features for other tasks such as creating a bootable disk, fixing bad sectors, test disk integrity, and analyze drive capacity.
Mackeeper is the third party tool which is specially designed to improve the performance of your Mac system. It is trustworthy and popular for its cleaning features, it can help you remove unused and extra files. It is the perfect tool for you if you want to defrag a Mac.
The features of Mackeeper make sure that the disk is fragmented to maximize the space for the betterment of Mac’s performance. Thie Mackeeper also has some other useful features such as restore, undelete, backup, and remote tracking too in case your Mac gets stolen.
Click here to download
I hope this article was informative enough to help you defrag a mac. If you don’t want to defrag a Mac through any third-party app to improve the performance, You can also perform tasks such as installing an antivirus, clearing the caches, free up the Ram and uninstall power-draining programs to improve performance of your Mac. We recommend you to use any of the above-mentioned programs to defrag a Mac. In case you are using some other program then make sure that is official and genuine.
If you have any other queries or suggestions to make, Feel free to comment down below.