Life’s totally Unpredictable and you never know what happens to you, and when you’d require urgent care from someone in your family or friends (Medically or Otherwise). So for situations like these, Apple Released Emergency SOS Feature in iOS 11 which once triggered would send instant alerts to Your Local Emergency Services and would Send SMS with your current location to your emergency contacts. This Feature would really be helpful in a Real-Life Emergency.
Emergency SOS is the best for people who are Seriously prone to Seizures, Suffering from Heart Diseases, Allergies, Respiratory Diseases, Implanted Machines, etc which could create an emergency situation anytime. People with such medical complications often wear some bracelets, Rings, Pendants, etc to let the emergency team know about the patient’s medical complications, Blood Type, Allergies, People to Contact in such emergency case, etc so that it becomes easy for the Emergency team to start the treatment.
So with iPhones Emergency SOS Feature, Emergency Teams can access all these details just from your iPhone’s Lock Screen which is a lot more convenient for emergency Teams in an emergency situation than a Bracelet.
How to Add Emergency Contacts on Apple Devices?
On an iPhone, we can add A lot of information like Contact Information, Medical Informations, etc available on your Lockscreen very easily and here’s how you do it:
How to Add Emergency Contacts:
- Open Health App which is preinstalled on all Apple devices and can’t be uninstalled.
- Now click on your profile picture.
- Now Open Medical ID Tab.
- Click on Edit, and Scroll Down to Emergency Contacts.
- Now Click on the add button to add an emergency contact.
- Select a contact, then add their relationship.
- Click on Done to save your changes.
Note* You can’t Set Emergency Services like 911 as your Emergency Contact.
How to Remove Emergency Contacts:
- Open the Health app on your device.
- Tap open your profile picture
- Tap on Medical ID.
- Tap on Edit, then scroll down to Emergency Contacts.
- Tap on the delete button next to a contact which you want to remove, then tap Delete.
- Tap on Done to save your changes.
How to call Emergency Services:
Here’s how you call emergency services from your iPhone 8 or Later:
- Press and long hold the Lock button on the side and one of the Volume buttons on your Apple Device until the Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Drag the Emergency SOS slider to the right to call emergency services. If you keep holding the Lock button and Volume button, instead of Sliding the slider, a countdown begins with an alert sound. If you hold down the two buttons until the countdown ends, your iPhone will automatically call emergency services.
Here’s how to call Emergency Services on an iPhone 7 or older:
- Rapidly press the Lick button (On Side or On top) five times. The Emergency SOS slider will Pop Up. In India, you only have to press the Lock Button 3 Times in order to activate the SOS Slider.
- Drag the Emergency SOS slider to the right to call emergency services.
After the SOS call ends, your iPhone Automatically sends your Emergency contacts an iMessage or text message with your current Device location, unless you Tap on cancel. In case your Location Services are off, They’ll automatically be turned on temporarily to send your location. And if your location changes then your Emergency Contacts will get notified with your new current location.
How to Stop Sharing Location
When your device is sharing Location, you’ll receive a notification every Four Hours for the next 24 hours. So in order to stop sharing Your Current Device location With your emergency contacts, Open the status bar on your Device and select ‘ Stop Sharing Emergency Location’.
How to Turn Auto-Call On or Off
When Auto-call is enabled, and you enable Emergency SOS Mode, your device starts a countdown with a sound alert and then automatically Calls The emergency services and here’s how you disable it:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap Open Emergency SOS
- And then Turn Auto Call On or Off according to your preference.
So this was how to Add Emergency Contacts on your iOS Device. I hope this article will help you in case of some emergency. If you have any queries related to Emergency SOS on iPhone, feel free to ask in comments down below for Quick resolution or visit support.apple.com for more info.
Feel free to drop your suggestions in the comments below!
About Apple Airpods
So, we started our journey with big headphones to experience the fun of listening to music privately and exclusively. Those were so big in size in the past time that it was enough to cover your head skull full, you probably didn’t need any helmet if you wear it.
Then as time moved, our headphones got sleek and less heavy, giving us more reasons to love them even more. After this, earphones came into existence. Earphones were based on the same principle as headphones but these were more convenient as they get settled in the ear.
The new era brought us new innovations, wireless Bluetooth started taking the throne from earphones. Apple introduced its Airpods to feel the breeze of this change, in their own stylish Californian way.
Apple Airpods is a classic piece of technology, a symbol of superiority and a sense of entitlement over the best of all. The outer case itself feels like pure luxury, this case also serves as both charging unit & holder for the AirPods.
The AirPods are premium inbuilt quality and serves the best experience of sound while keeping the noise canceled in your ear by default. No matter if you call or listen to your favorite track, this airport performance will enhance the quality in minute details even.
So, if you like to run in the morning, take this companion with you. You don’t need to worry about falling off from the ears, as it weighs just 5.4gm and that’s almost weightless. IPX4 allows you to use these earphones without thinking twice, let the sweat and dust deal directly with the AirPods, they are capable enough to not to get affected anyway.
The back up of these AirPods is also impressive, so you can enjoy your own personal space wherever and whenever you want. After this, if you even run out of juice, just pick the case out and make the AirPods rest in it for a few minutes. See, they are ready to entertain you for some-more hours. Convenient, right?
For more information about the AirPods, you can visit https://www.apple.com/us/airpods/
Why Do We Need To Factory Reset Airpods? : Explained.
If the AirPods are so awesome to use in real, why anybody would need to factory reset them? Well, they are pretty cool and innovative for sure in the market, but that doesn’t make them step far from the range of gadgets. And as far as technical gadgets are in the talks, we just can’t ignore glitches and system failures.
In a problem like a connection, issue rises between your iPhone and AirPods, your first reaction would be to give your AirPods a reboot and try again to connect. If you still fail to resolve the issue, you are left with no option but to factory reset the AirPods.
If your AirPods keeps crashing and starts misbehaving in performance then you got to reset them, as this issue may come into action because of bugs between the phone and AirPods.
The factory reset should be considered if the AirPods are meant to connect to the other device other than your usual iPhone. However, you always have to option to forget the device from your iPhone but it’s recommended to factory reset the AirPods to their custom settings before joining other devices.
Procedure To Reset The Airpods.
The procedure to factory reset the AirPods is quite simple and doesn’t need your iPhone to do a single effort even.
To perform the task, follow the procedure written stepwise down below.
Step 1: Open the case of AirPods and keep the iPhone near to it. A window will pop up in the iPhone, showing the AirPods getting connected.
Step 2: Now find an almost invisible button behind the downside of the case. It’s almost hidden because that button is exclusively for resetting the AirPods, and hence you won’t need it much.
Press and hold the button for 10 seconds.
Step 3: You will notice the amber light will first get solid and then it will turn red and start flashing. This is the indicator that the AirPods are factory reset now.
Now you will notice that your iPhone can no longer recognize the AirPods.
I hope I could address all your queries and now you can easily resolve the How to factory reset Airpods issue. If you have any further doubts, you can visit or contact your service provider or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful. And do tell me about your experience in fixing this issue, in the comment box.
Why Is iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone?
Worried about plugging your iPhone into your computer, mo response. iTunes not recognizing your iPhone, there could be any reason due to which iTunes won’t recognize your iPhone. Well don’t worry here is the article solving all the puzzles tickling your mind.
So let’s get a proper explanation of why iTunes is not recognizing iPhone and let’s troubleshoot the mishap you are facing.
Let’s get an answer first why isn’t iTunes Recognizing iPhone?
iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone there could be an anonymous issue with:
- Your iPhone’s Lightning port,
- Your Lightning cable,
- The software of your iPhone or computer.
- Your computer’s USB port,
Let’s get a proper guide to solve your problem of iTunes won’t recognizing your iPhone!
What About Your iPhone’s Lightning port?
Now, inspect inside your iPhone’s Lightning port if it’s jammed with wreckage maybe that might be causing an issue and not be able to connect to the dock connectors on your Lightning cable.
Just examine closely inside of the Lightning port. If there’s any
- or other debris
In the Lightning port, clean it out with an anti-static brush or a brand brand-new, pristine toothbrush.
Verify The Lightning Cable
There can be a possibility of iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone because there’s a problem with your Lightning cable.
- Damaged Lightning Cable: The damaged lightning cable may not be able to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Instantly scrutinize your Lightning cable.
- Check for any damage or fraying.
If there’s an issue with your Lightning cable, you can get a new one or also can borrow from your buddy or family. If your computer has multiple USB ports, try using another one.
Cable Should Be MFi-Certified
- MFi-certification is essentially Apple’s “seal of approval” for iPhone cables. MFi-certified Lightning cables are ones that are safe to use with your iPhone.
- Try avoiding, cheap cables you attain at your local system storehouse or nearby market aren’t MFi-certified and can be dangerous and can cause serious damage to your iPhone. They can overheat and damage the internal components of your iPhone.
- Try searching out for a great MFi-certified iPhone cable which can increase the life span of your iPhone.
Update Is An Important Aspect To The Latest Version Of iTunes
What if your computer might be running an old version of iTunes, it may not recognize your iPhone. It is vital to check whether an iTunes update is available!
There are various ways such as:
- If you have a Mac, open the App Store and click the Updates tab at the top of the screen.
- If an iTunes update is available, click Update to its right.
- If your iTunes is up-to-date, you won’t see the Update button.
Also, If you have a Windows computer:
- Go to the iTunes and click the Help tab at the top of the screen.
- Now, click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, then it’ll flash update iTunes.
Always Work: Restart Your iPhone
A minor software glitch may be preventing your iPhone from being recognized by iTunes. This potential quandary can be resolved by restarting your iPhone.
Now it totally depends on which iPhone you have:
For all other iPhones, you have the same phenomenon:
- You need to press and hold the power button till the time slide to power off appears.
- Now its time to swipe the white and red power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Now have the patience for a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again till the time you see the Apple logo on the screen.
The iPhone X is exceptional so if you have iPhone X then follow this procedure:
- Firstly you need to press and hold both the side button and either of the volume buttons until the power slider emerges.
- Swipe the power icon left to right to shut down your iPhone.
- Now just after a few seconds, press and hold only the side button continuously till the time the Apple logo displays onto the center of the screen.
Also, a recommendable tip: Simultaneously reboot your computer as well. It’s also responsive to software collisions, which could be the reason to prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPhone.
Do Not Forget to Tap “Trust This Computer”
- Side by side, you’ll see be a pop-up notification that questions if you want your iPhone to “Trust” your computer.
- This pop-up periodically arrives the first time you connect your iPhone to a new computer.
- By taping to the pop- up to “Trust This Computer” computer, you’re giving your iPhone the ability to connect to iTunes.
- There’s also a chance for iTunes not recognizing your iPhone due to the trust issues with your computer. But remember if you see the “Trust This Computer?” pop-up, always tap Trust if it is your personal computer!
If Inadvertently Tapped “Don’t Trust”
- If you inadvertently tapped “Don’t Trust” when the update emerged, Open Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
- Then next time when you connect your iPhone to your computer, you’ll get the pop -up “Trust This Computer?” once again. Now this time do no tap “Don’t Trust” intentionally or unintentionally.
May Be Your Computer’s Software Require An Update
- Maybe your Computer is running old versions of the software which may run into minor glitches and viruses.
- If you are willing to fix your problem quickly what can be better than updating to the latest version of your computer’s software.
If you are connecting to the Mac then follow this phenomenon:
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Then, click About This Mac -> Software Update.
- If an update is available, click Update.
- Or else move onto the next step!
Mac’s System Information Or System Report Should Be Accurate
After taking so many measures still not iTunes not recognizing your iPhone then there’s one last software troubleshooting that can be implemented.
- Now its time to check your iPhone’s System Information or System Report to see your iPhone shows up under the USB device tree.
- Hold down the Option key<click the Apple logo on the upper left-hand corner of the screen<click System Information or System Report.
- If your Mac says System Information, click System Report when the pop-up appears. Now you’re in the System Report screen<click the USB option on the left side of the screen.
After this whole circle, if iPhone doesn’t appear in the list card, Then there’s seemingly a hardware issue blocking iTunes from recognizing your iPhone.
This could be an issue with any of the following:
- Lightning cable,
- A USB port, or
- The charging port on your iPhone.
There could be third party prevention also if your iPhone does appear in this menu. Many times, the third-party software work as some sort of security program.
iTunes still won’t recognize your iPhone now its time to go for repairs. Well till now you might have figured out the error and rectified it with the given phenomenon.
- If it’s your Lightning cable, then choosing another one is an option.
- If it’s a USB port, you may have to get your processor repaired if none of the USB ports are in working condition.
- It’s also possible that the USB end of your iPhone’s Lightning cable is the problem, so make sure you’ve tried connecting multiple devices to your computer via the USB port.
- If your iPhone’s Lightning port is making the problem, then get it repaired.
Congratulation!! Now Recognized
Now iTunes is recognizing your iPhone once again. And you are ready to clear the obstacle with all the possible measures and essential knowledge. Now, in the future, you exactly know what to do if iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone. Comment below and let us know what was the reason for iTunes not recognizing your iPhone?
Everyone around you is trying to connect you, your friends, family, and even your boss but they can’t get through and just because your iPhone goes straight to voicemail and you need to check your voice mail to and fro.
Well, firstly let’s get clear why your iPhone goes straight to voicemail when someone calls and how to fix it so that it doesn’t create any chaos in your life.
My iPhone Goes Straight To Voicemail When Someone Calls
iPhone goes straight to voicemail because:
- iPhone has no service
- Do Not Disturb is turned on,
- or a Carrier Settings update is available.
Let’s identify the cause and fix the problem
The Causes Why iPhone Goes Straight To Voicemail
There are three main reasons why iPhones go straight to voicemail, and the first one is very obvious and everybody knows it. Most of the time it happens due to the other two reasons that are either do Not Disturb is turned on or no service has been given to the iPhone.
No Service / Airplane Mode
When the iPhone is too distant to connect to cell towers, or when it’s cut off from the outside world with Airplane Mode, all calls go straight to voicemail as iPhone isn’t connected to the cellular network.
Do Not Disturb
When the iPhone is locked (the screen is off), Do Not Disturb silences all incoming calls, text message notifications, and alerts on the iPhone. Do Not Disturb sends incoming calls straight to voicemail.
How to identify If Do Not Disturb Is Turned On?
Look in the upper right-hand corner of the iPhone, just to the left of the battery icon. If there is a crescent moon, Do Not Disturb is turned on.
How To Turn Off Do Not Disturb?
- The quickest way to turn off Do Not Disturb is found in Control Center.
- To Open Control Center
- swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s display.
- Look for the crescent moon icon
- Tap to turn off Do Not Disturb.
- Do Not Disturb can also be turned off through the Settings app by going to Settings -> Do Not Disturb.
- Tap the switch to the right of Do Not Disturb to turn off Do Not Disturb.
Let’s see how Do Not Disturb Get Turned On In The First Place?
Open the Settings app and tap on Do Not Disturb. Is Scheduled turned on? then the Phone will automatically turn Do Not Disturb on and off when you go to sleep.
Do Not Disturb While Driving
- A new feature introduced with iOS 11 called Do Not Disturb While Driving may turn on automatically when your iPhone detects when you’re riding a car.
- To turn off Do Not Disturb While Driving, first you’ll need to add Do Not Disturb While Driving to Control Center by going to Settings -> Control Center -> Customize Controls and tap the green plus sign on the left side of Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and tap the Do Not Disturb While Driving icon.
Some readers have reported a new solution that appeared in a recent version of iOS: Change Announce Calls to Always. Go to Settings -> Phone -> Announce Calls, tap Always, and give it a try.
Scrutinize For A Carrier Settings Update
- If calls go straight to voicemail, its time to update the carrier settings on the iPhone.
- Now the question arises what is Carrier settings?
- Carrier settings are what allows the iPhone to connect to the carrier’s wireless network.
- If the iPhone’s carrier settings are out of date (expired), it may have trouble connecting to your carrier’s network, which could cause incoming phone calls to go straight to the voicemail.
Turn Off Silence Unknown Callers
- Silence Unknown Callers will send phone calls from unknown numbers directly to voicemail.
- The call will show up in the Recents tab in Phone even though it goes straight to voicemail.
- Open Settings and tap Phone: Turn off the switch next to Silence Unknown Callers to turn this setting off.
Check the iPhone’s Volume
- Make sure the volume is audible as iPhone’s volume being muted won’t keep calls from coming through and if not then,
- Open the Settings app and tap on “Sounds & Haptics”
- Adjust the slider beneath the “Ringer and Alerts” header to the desired volume- while sliding the iPhone will play a short sound showing how loud the ringer will be.
Connect to the Carrier
Connect to the cell carrier about an issue with service for missed or dropped calls. If it becomes a routine phenomenon that isn’t fixed by any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article, then connecting to the provider is an only option to see if there are any known issues or if there is a tower update that needs to be done on their end.
Wireless Carrier Support Contact Numbers
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- Sprint: 1-888-211-4727
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- T-Mobile: 1-877-746-0909
Back On The Track
Well, once the procedure is done iPhone is ringing again and the calls aren’t going straight to voicemail. Do Not Disturb is a beneficial feature while sleeping, but it can cause some serious health issues if not utilized correctly. I hope this article has given you a satisfactory solution to your problem.
A lot of times our iPhones run into trouble and might need to be restored or it might just be because of our personal wish. In such a time, we might seek the help of recovery mode. But what if it doesn’t work too? In such a case, you might start to worry over what to do next but it isn’t really such a big deal. Handling this issue just needs a little knowledge on the topic.
There are a lot of websites out there trying to provide information on the topic but most of them have inaccurate and insufficient information available which makes the resolution much more challenging. Even Apple’s original support website doesn’t have complete information which makes it difficult for the users to process it.
This issue may arise due to hardware glitches as well as software glitches and isn’t a very problematic thing to experience as it has some speedy resolution. All you need to do is follow the information correctly and you might be able to resolve the issue.
iPhone Won’t Restore in Recovery Mode
#1. Update iTunes
Sometimes it may happen that your iTunes stops working correctly, this can be resolved by simply providing iTunes a software update on your PC. This happens a lot when your device is running an older version of the iTunes software so sometimes updating it to the latest available version will be helpful.
Checking for updates on a Mac
This can be done quite easily by following the given step:
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on iTunes at the top toolbar on the left.
- Now select “Check for updates”.
Now iTunes will check and notify if you need to update the iTunes on your Mac or not.
Checking for updates on a Windows PC
The process isn’t too different so just follow the given steps:
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the “Help” button on the windows menu bar.
- Then from the drop-down menu, select “Check for updates”.
Now just like on a Mac, iTunes will check for any available updates and notify you through a prompt.
#2. Rebooting your PC
This is obviously the simplest solution to any minor software performance glitches. By rebooting your PC, you allow everything to be set back to normal as the PC reboots with a fresh palette. Thus, rebooting the PC and trying again might be a great option too.
#3. Hard-resetting the iPhone while plugged into PC
This becomes necessary when your phone stops responding or runs into a minor software glitch. At such a time, cutting off all power from your device in order to restart it freshly is a great option. This simply means all the power running through the device from the battery is cut off so the device goes off completely.
In this case, we will perform this hard reset while keeping the iPhone connected to the PC. To carry out this task, follow the given steps depending on your iPhone:
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: hold the volume down button along with the power button at the same time and release them when you start seeing the Apple logo.
- iPhone 8 and newer: in a quick manner, press the volume button and release it, then press the volume down button and release it then hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
#4. Try using a different lightning cable, USB port or computer
The restore might be declined due to certain faults in the lightning cable, the USB port or even the Computer system that you are using. So in order to avoid this issue, try changing the USB cable at first and then try checking different ports of the given computer. If it still doesn’t work then try using a different computer itself.
#5. Try DFU Restore
When everything else fails, DFU restore can bring you the right treatment in your hand. You can rely on it as it will completely erase your device and give you an entirely clean slate. This will help any user to get through the toughest hour with utmost easy due to the tendency of DFU restore to provide exactly what a user needs. It may even provide you a repair that might fix the restoration ability of your device.
I hope I was able to help you understand the issue and its major and minor fixes. If the error still hasn’t resolved then there might be a hardware issue with your device which may need to be checked by a technician. Try taking your iPhone to an Apple technician or try contacting Apple support. If there are any further queries, please drop a comment below. If the content was helpful, please like our post.
iPhones are brilliant and really powerful devices and somehow gain power over all the things we do in our daily life. They help us set reminders, alarms, check the calendar, make a note, and a lot more of things just on the touch of a finger. They make our lives easier and due to Siri, they can even give us the experience of communicating with a friend.
All these things are great but our life really crashes into a big boulder when something goes wrong to our iPhone. The problem may be major but it can also be a minor glitch. We can never know that with absolute certainty unless we try troubleshooting the issue.
One such issue is considered the malfunctioning of the speakers of your iPhone. This can happen to anyone and its indication is that the speaker might not give out any sound at all or produces distorted sound. In such a case, the problem can be due to human error, a minor glitch or a major issue that might lead to the replacement of the speakers itself.
Checking and fixing the iPhone Speaker not working issue
Follow the given steps to check if there is an issue that you are concerned about and if there is then the resolution of it will be discussed along with it.
#1. Try checking for Volume and Ringer
It is the simplest explanation and resolution of your problem and can be checked pretty easily. This revolves around the ringer volume of the iPhone and the extra switch provided at the side of iPhones to mute them.
If the mute switch is turned on then that might the reason why your iPhone doesn’t ring or produce any sounds. This can be resolved simply by pushing the switch to turn on the ringer. If the ringer is on and you still aren’t getting any sounds then it might be due to the volume of your device. Use the volume up button to turn up the volume and you will be able to hear sounds again.
#2. Check if the iPhone is stuck in Headphones mode
This happens more often than you can think. Sometimes it is due to an internal glitch or damage but it can even be due to our carelessness of leaving our earphones or headphones plugged into our iPhone. So we must first check what the reason behind this is and then take the right step. If this is happening even when headsets aren’t plugged in then you might need to look through the issue.
#3. Turn Off Bluetooth
It might sometimes happen that you leave the Bluetooth of your iPhone on and it automatically gets connected to a speaker or any other audio device and it is an obvious thing that any iPhone can’t play audios into two places at a time. This is why your device isn’t able to play any audio as it is currently connected to another device via Bluetooth.
You can disconnect this device from your iPhone and you might see that the speaker starts working fine and if it still doesn’t work then the best thing you can do before testing the speakers again is that you can turn off the Bluetooth which will automatically disconnect all the devices.
#4. Check for the Audio Output Settings
This is for the same reason that we needed to turn off the Bluetooth of our iPhone because just like devices connecting via Bluetooth, devices can also connect to an external speaker or any other audio device through AirPlay without getting into our knowledge. In such a case, the audio output settings need to be switched to the inbuilt speaker of your iPhone instead of the AirPlay speaker.
To do this, you need the follow the given steps:
- Go to the control center.
- Click on the upper right part of the music playback control.
- You might need to click on the AirPlay icon in the upper right corner of the options for audio output aren’t visible straight away.
- Select iPhone and you will be able to hear sounds again.
#5. Restart your device
If none of the above steps have worked then there probably is a minor software glitch that might be preventing the speakers from working. This is why your iPhones need to reboot in order to regain their functionality. You can do this either by simply rebooting it or just shutting it down and turning it on again.
But you must remember that this isn’t probably the final solution as it tends to solve a lot of problems but it won’t be of any help in case of hardware damage to your iPhone. However, you must try this as it might narrow down your certainty to the reason behind this issue.
#6. Update the Operating System of your iPhone
Sometimes problems may arise when your iOS isn’t up to date with the current version of the software available which might cause an error in making the different components of your iPhone to work. This is why updating your OS is a pretty great option to try on as it might be the solution to your problems. If the iPhone speaker of your iPhone still doesn’t work after updating the software then there might be hardware damage that you will need to get checked by a certified technician.
I hope I was able to help you check the problems with your iPhone speaker and successfully fix it. If the issues still persist, please take your device to an Apple store or contact Apple support. If there are any further queries, please drop a comment below. If the content was helpful, please leave a like on the post.