Nowadays, smartphones are providing their users with cutting edge features that were definitely beyond people’s thought process. They provide features like “Find My Phone”, which helps us lock or erase our Apple device in case we lose it. One such feature helps the user in case they have a phone number saved on their device’s address book but doesn’t have any name or alias. It tries to guess it. You can also term it as iPhone maybe contact.
It works in a way that if it finds a nameless contact in the address book, it checks your email address for any mail related to a person with that contact number. If it succeeds in finding a link between a contact number and a person, it saves the contact as “Maybe: Name”, where Name is the name of the person linked with the contact.
How To Stop This From Happening
This is a quite brilliant feature but it also creates a nuisance at times because it saves and manipulates contact details of a person, without our consent. But it can easily be stopped using some simple methods.
Turning Off Siri Suggestions
Most of the time, on the lock screen of your device, there will be a “Maybe:” beside a contact’s name as a notification. This happens when Siri Suggestion is turned on, on the Lock Screen. In order to stop this from happening, follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and go to Siri and search.
- Now, toggle off Suggestions on Lock Screen.
Signing In and Out of iCloud
Signing out of your iCloud account and then signing in again might fix the issue with your contacts that have “Maybe:” before them if your iCloud account has your contacts linked to it. In order to sign out of your iCloud account, follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and choose where your name is written on top of all the other options in settings.
- Get to the bottom of the screen and click on Sign Out.
- Now, enter the password to your Apple ID to disable Find My iPhone Out, because it can’t remain on while signing out of your account.
Now, log back into your account by opening Settings and then selecting Sign in to your iPhone.
Create A New Contact
When you receive a message from someone, your device tries to figure out the name and you might see the name written above that message strip with the prefix “maybe:”. To fix this, you can add the number, from which the message was received, as a contact. You can do this by following the given steps:
- Tap on the number in the conversation and click on the information icon which looks like an encircled “i”.
- Tap again on the number.
- Now, click on Create New Contact.
- Enter the person’s details and tap Done.
The new contact is created and now you won’t have to see “Maybe:”, before that contact. [Note: These steps are for iOS 12 and later, which is currently being used and if you are using iOS 11 or older then you might find the “i” button on the top right corner of the conversation.]
Delete The Contact and Recreate it Again
In some cases, the contacts prefix still remains “Maybe:” even after saving its actual name. This can occur due to a syncing error or maybe a minor glitch. This can be fixed if you delete the contact and add it again. This can be carried out using the following steps:
- Open the calling app and choose Contacts, which would be located on the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the contact to be deleted and click on it.
- Click Edit, located on the top right corner of the display, and get to the bottom to click on Delete Contact.
After deleting the contact, create it again.
Update the System Software of Your Device
Updating the software of any device fixes existing issues and mostly makes it better. Although updating your software won’t necessarily fix your issue but you can still try it. To do this, you can follow the given steps:
- Visit Settings and go to General.
- Click on Software Update.
- Click on Download & Install, if any updates are available.
Additionally, if this happens due to an app that you’ve deleted, which primarily had access to your contacts then you may need to install it again or you’ll have to modify these contacts manually.
I hope I could address all your queries and you are able to resolve this issue easily. If you have any further doubts, you can visit support.apple.com or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.
In today’s world, we need our devices to look after most of our needs. We don’t like to use multiple devices for multiple needs, which is why we need our cellphones to be loaded with as many functions as they can provide us. One such feature that we use in our day to day life is a flashlight. We need a flashlight for multiple reasons throughout the day, like when we’re checking for our keys in the dark, or we need to get something from the car and lack the presence of light or even to look for stuff under the table or bed.
So it definitely will be very useful to have the flashlight feature on our device. This is why Apple and many other technological brands have installed a flashlight feature on our devices which helps us use the camera flash as a flashlight. This makes it simpler for us as we do not have to carry a basic flashlight with us anymore. Instead, our cellphones can help us, without a doubt, in case we are in a dark place or have to find something after sundown.
Even though we have such modern features on our devices, most of us still don’t know how to use them. Through personal research, I found out that there are a lot of people who still don’t know how to use the flashlight on their devices even now. The process is quite simple and can be carried out with ease. All we need is a bit of awareness towards this. Let’s discuss how we can use our flashlights on our Apple devices like iPhone, iPad Pro, and iPod touch.
How to Use The flashlight on Your iPhone, iPad Pro and iPod Touch
Here are some methods through which you can access your iPhone flashlight:
Although there are a couple of ways of accessing the flashlight on your Apple device the simplest one yet is that you can ask Siri. How this works is, you can simply ask Siri to do that for you.
Here are some things you can ask Siri to turn on your flashlight:
“Can you turn on the flashlight for me, Siri?”
“Please turn on my flashlight.”
“Siri, I need you to turn on my flashlight.”
Similarly, you can ask Siri to turn the flashlight off:
“Turn off the flashlight.”
“Can you please turn off my flashlight?”
“Siri, turn my flashlight off.”
Using The Control Center
You can even use the control center to turn the flashlight on. This can be done by
- In devices with iOS 11 and higher, swiping down from the top-right corner will open the control center. Now, tap on the flashlight button to turn it on and tap again to turn it off. These devices are generally iPhone X or later.
- In devices that have iOS versions, older than iOS 11, swiping up from the lower edge of the screen will open the control center. Now, tap on the flashlight button to turn it on and tap again to turn it off. This is used in devices like iPhone 8 and earlier, iPad Pro and iPod touch.
Note: Also, the flashlight can also be turned on from the lock screen simply by pressing the flashlight button, which would be located on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Changing The Brightness of The Flashlight
You can also change the brightness of the flashlight according to your personal needs. This can be done by following the given steps:
- Open the control center according to your device by using the steps given in the above method.
- Press on the flashlight button, firmly.
- Use the slider by dragging it up or down to increase or decrease the brightness, respectively.
I hope I could address all your queries and you can easily access flashlight on your iPhone, iPad Pro and iPod Touch. If you have any further doubts, you can visit support.apple.com or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.
There have been a lot of advancements in the field of audio and music. Since the last decade, there have been major changes in playback devices and earpieces that deliver good sound. One such great development was the ear pods.
These are handy little devices that are completely wireless and are connected to other devices using Bluetooth. They work on internal capacitors or batteries which need to be charged and provide highly powerful performance for quite a while depending on their capacity.
One such ear pod was designed by Apple and was called the Air pods. Its created as an iCloud device so it can easily pair with any Apple device quite easily.
But recent research has shown that a lot of Apple users are having trouble that their Airpods won’t connect to MacBook. This is a quite unfortunate and frustrating issue but it can be fixed quite simply.
Understanding Why Your Airpods Won’t Connect to MacBook
There can basically be two major reasons if your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook. They are:
- The Bluetooth on either or both of the devices might be faulty. This disables you from making a secure wireless connection between the devices because the devices won’t be able to recognize each other.
- Another reason that your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook might be that your MacBook has a bug. These bugs may prevent your MacBook from connecting to your Air pods. [Note: a bug means a noticeable issue in an operating system that may cause certain short term as well as long term errors.]
There are a couple of ways to fix this issue.
Force Restart Your MacBook
Force restarting your MacBook fixes all the minor software glitches. This can help in bringing back your device’s functionality and in turn, allow it to connect to Air pods again. This can be done by following the given steps:
- Force shut down your MacBook by pressing and holding the power button until it switches off.
- Now, turn it back on again by pressing the power button once again and releasing it.
Try connecting to your Air pods again.
Update Your MacBook
Using an old version of OS on your MacBook may lead to such unexpected issues as well. This may be one of the issues why your Air pods won’t connect to MacBook. And it’s quite easy to surpass this issue. All you need to do is update your MacBook. Using the given steps, you can easily check for updates:
- Check for the Apple logo on the top and click on it.
- Choose About This Mac.
- This will get you a prompt telling you about the version of OS you’re using currently.
- Now, select Software Update.
Try connecting to your Air pods again. If they connect then that would mean there was a bug in your MacBook.
Connect Your Airpods Manually
Try connecting your Air pods manually to your MacBook instead of trying to let them connect on their own. This can be done by following the given steps:
- Enable Bluetooth on your MacBook.
- Open the charging case of your Air pods.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Beneath your devices, select your Air pods.
This might lead your device to connect with your Air pods.
Forget The Airpods From Your MacBook
Forgetting your Air pods as a paired device from your MacBook and pairing it again may solve your issue too. Forgetting Air pods is an easy task. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Now, choose your Air pods beneath Devices
- Hit the X
- Select Forget Device when you see the pop-up.
Try to connect your Air pods to your MacBook again.
Reset the Airpods
The final step which can help you connect your Air pods to your MacBook is this. By resetting your Air Pod, you might be able to fix the glitch that is preventing your Air pods to connect with your MacBook. This can be carried out by following the given steps:
- Push the setup button on your case, which would be found on its back.
- Release the button after the status light starts to change colors to amber and then flashes white.
Try connecting your Airpods to your MacBook again.
[Note: Air pods only work with their compatible OS so make sure that you’re using macOS Sierra or higher on your MacBook for the first generation of Air pods and macOS 10.14.4 or higher for the second generation of Air pods.]
I hope I could address all your queries and now you may easily troubleshoot the issue if your airpods won’t connect to MacBook. If you have any further doubts or if you still can’t get your Airpods to connect to MacBook, then visit your nearest Apple Store or you may contact Apple support. For additional help, you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.
Imagine, you have been waiting for a very important call from your employer, partner or colleague, and they said they’ll call you in 10-20 minutes but it has been an hour now and your phone hasn’t rung. Now, you look at your phone, thinking you should call them yourself, and you figure out that you have a few missed calls. But you had the phone with you and it didn’t ring, right?
iPhones rarely stop ringing over any hardware damage. Mostly it happens when the ringer is silent or the device is set on do not disturb. I came across the fact that a lot of people are searching to fix their iPhone not ringing issues. And don’t worry, it’s quite simple to execute.
Sometimes it occurs due to the speaker of your iPhone being faulty but that’s one of the rarest cases. Mostly it’s because of the volume set by the user. So try troubleshooting it yourself if you’re facing this issue instead of going for some expensive repair work.
How to Fix iPhone Not Ringing Issue
To fix iPhone not ringing issue, you first need to know the appropriate information about its root causes. These are:
- Damaged speaker
- Do Not Disturb is on
- Mute toggle is positively on
- Device stuck in headset mode
- The call being received is from a blocked number
- Ringtone issue
According to each of the given causes, there are different fixes.
How to Check For a Damaged Speaker
The speaker situated on the bottom of your iPhone is the only way to play any sounds. Whether you’re watching a movie, listening to music or even for basic sounds like notification and call rings, you’ll need your speaker to work right otherwise it’s of no use.
You can simply play a video on the YouTube app or you may turn on music while making sure that the volume is full. If you don’t hear any sounds, the speaker of your iPhone is faulty and you might need to get it checked and repaired. While if you hear the sound from whatever you played, then you may not have any speaker-related glitches.
How to Check if Do Not Disturb is Enabled
Another issue that can occur is that you might have Do Not Disturb, enabled on your device. This is a setting that turns off all kinds of sounds including calls and alarms. When this is enabled on your phone, you won’t be able to hear any sounds coming from it. So check if it is enabled and disable it. This can be done using these simple steps:
- Visit your device settings.
- Click on Do Not Disturb.
- Ensure that neither the Manual nor Scheduled toggles are on.
- If Manual is on, toggle it off.
- If Scheduled is on, inspect the time and other settings to see the parameters taken and also check if your important calls arrived within that duration.
- In order to let some of the calls get through even in Do Not Disturb, try going to the Allow Calls From and choose the contacts to be added to the list.
How to Check For The Mute Toggle
There is a toggle present on the side of your phone which mutes all sounds from your iPhone when you turn the toggle on. This can be checked easily in two ways:
- Check for an orange light on the mute toggle. If it is orange, then the toggle Is on and the sounds aren’t muted.
- Open your device’s settings, go to Sounds & Haptics or Sounds. Now, ensure that the ringer and alerts is not completely diminished. If it is, turn it up.
Check If You Are in Headset Mode
This is a pretty common glitch and it can happen on almost any device. This glitch leads to your device to believe that a headset is plugged in. And when this happens, the device sends the sounds to the headset jack. Try switching your phone off and then on again, it might help.
Check to See if The Caller is Blocked
When a caller is blocked, not only you do not get a ringtone when they ring you up but it also stops any notifications or alerts of the call on your device. You can check if a person is blocked and unblock him/her if you want. You can check this by following the given steps:
- On your iPhone, visit settings.
- Go to Phone.
- Go to Call blocking & Identification while on the other iOS versions, it was just categorized as Blocked.
- Now, click on Edit, choose the white line encircled by a red circle on the left of the blocked number to unblock it and then click on unlock.
Check If There Are Issues With Your Ringtone
If you still can’t get any audio alerts for your incoming calls or notification, try to check for your ringtone. When you use a custom ringtone on your device, its corruption or deletion may cause your iPhone to stop ringing when someone calls. This can be resolved by:
- Setting a perfectly new ringtone as default can be one easy way to do so. You can do this by visiting Settings on your iPhone and going to Sounds or Sounds & Haptics. Go to Ringtone. Now, select a new ringtone for your device and set it up.
- Sometimes we assign a different ringtone to some distinguishable people and when this goes corrupted, it would stop ringing. Now, this can be handled by first going to Phone and seeing the contacts. Find the contact you want to check and click on it. Now, click on Edit, located on the upper right corner. Look for Ringtone and try assigning a new ringtone to the given contacts. [Note: if this is the issue then you might have to check all your contacts and change it manually.]
Some Additional Help
You may try to switch your device off and then reboot it, as it gets rid of any minor glitches, although you may also be able to solve this by updating your device as most of these glitches are fixed in updates.
I hope I could address all your queries and now you can easily resolve the iPhone not ringing issue. If you have any further doubts, you can visit or contact Apple Support or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful. And do tell me about your experience in fixing this issue, in the comment box.
Humans have been making a lot of changes in their work as well as the domestic environment to help in a better living situation. These adaptations are being made to technological devices as well as software. One of such recent alteration is the dark mode. This is basically a type of theme that turns the app dark. This isn’t just easy on your eyes, but it also draws less battery which helps user to save the amount of your battery.
Nowadays, the dark mode has taken over almost all of our apps and utilities. This is basically to help us with our sight during late-night tasks. Whether it’s a social application or work tool, dark mode comes in handy while working in low light to see well. This feature has recently been applied to Gmail to make it more adjustable.
Although the dark mode is the current buzz, some people still don’t know much about Gmail’s dark mode. It’s a pretty useful development but a lot of people are still having trouble figuring out how to use Gmail dark mode. It’s a quite simple task to be accomplished. This Gmail dark mode looks quite well and also helps your eyes and your device to save battery.
How to Turn on Gmail Dark Mode
Gmail dark mode is available for all platforms and here’s what you can do to activate it:
How to enable Gmail dark mode on a Desktop
- Visit mail.google.com.
- Select Settings by clicking on the gear-shaped icon which would be located on the upper right corner, below your profile picture.
- Choose Themes.
- Browse through the themes and select the dark theme.
Note: When you place the cursor over the dark theme, you’ll see “dark” written on it.
This theme was a little late to be available for the iOS devices but it was worth the wait. For iOS 11 and iOS 12, you may only be able to choose between a light theme and dark theme but on iOS 13, you may choose between a light theme, dark theme, and system theme.
For iOS 11 and 12
- Launch the Gmail app on your Apple device.
- Click on the menu, which would be located on the upper left corner.
- Go to settings.
- Use the switch next to the dark theme to turn it on or off.
For iOS 13
- Launch the Gmail app on your Apple device.
- Click on the menu, which would be located on the upper left corner.
- Go to settings.
- Select theme.
- Choose amongst Light theme, dark theme, or system theme.
How to enable Gmail dark mode on an android device
This can only be done if the Gmail app you’re using on your cellphone is up to date. Although, if you have Android 10, then simply enabling the dark theme would turn on the dark mode in almost all the apps. But if you’re using Android Pie or lower, you won’t have access to dark mode, which is why you would only be able to access it using a web browser and visiting mail.google.com.
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android device.
- Click on the menu icon, which would be located on the upper left corner.
- Browse through and go to settings.
- Now, select General settings.
- Choose from a light theme, dark theme, or system theme.
I hope I could address all your queries and you can easily access Gmail dark mode now. If you have any further doubts, you can visit Google support or you may leave a comment below. Also, please leave a like on the content if it was helpful.