Why Is iTunes Not Recognizing My iPhone?
Worried about plugging your iPhone into your computer, mo response. iTunes not recognizing your iPhone, there could be any reason due to which iTunes won’t recognize your iPhone. Well don’t worry here is the article solving all the puzzles tickling your mind.
So let’s get a proper explanation of why iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone and let’s troubleshoot the mishap you are facing.
Let’s get an answer first why isn’t iTunes Recognizing your iPhone?
iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone there could be an anonymous issue with:
- Your iPhone’s Lightning port,
- Your Lightning cable,
- The software of your iPhone or computer.
- Your computer’s USB port,
Let’s get a proper guide to solve your problem of iTunes won’t recognizing your iPhone!
What About Your iPhone’s Lightning port?
Now, inspect inside your iPhone’s Lightning port if it’s jammed with wreckage maybe that might be causing an issue and not be able to connect to the dock connectors on your Lightning cable.
Just examine closely inside of the Lightning port. If there’s any
- or other debris
In the Lightning port, clean it out with an anti-static brush or a brand brand-new, pristine toothbrush.
Verify The Lightning Cable
There can be a possibility of iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone because there’s a problem with your Lightning cable.
- Damaged Lightning Cable: The damaged lightning cable may not be able to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Instantly scrutinize your Lightning cable.
- Check for any damage or fraying.
If there’s an issue with your Lightning cable, you can get a new one or also can borrow from your buddy or family. If your computer has multiple USB ports, try using another one.
Cable Should Be MFi-Certified
- MFi-certification is essentially Apple’s “seal of approval” for iPhone cables. MFi-certified Lightning cables are ones that are safe to use with your iPhone.
- Try avoiding, cheap cables you attain at your local system storehouse or nearby market aren’t MFi-certified and can be dangerous and can cause serious damage to your iPhone. They can overheat and damage the internal components of your iPhone.
- Try searching out for a great MFi-certified iPhone cable which can increase the life span of your iPhone.
Update Is An Important Aspect To The Latest Version Of iTunes
What if your computer might be running an old version of iTunes, it may not recognize your iPhone. It is vital to check whether an iTunes update is available!
There are various ways such as:
- If you have a Mac, open the App Store and click the Updates tab at the top of the screen.
- If an iTunes update is available, click Update to its right.
- If your iTunes is up-to-date, you won’t see the Update button.
Also, If you have a Windows computer:
- Go to the iTunes and click the Help tab at the top of the screen.
- Now, click Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, then it’ll flash update iTunes.
Always Work: Restart Your iPhone
A minor software glitch may be preventing your iPhone from being recognized by iTunes. This potential quandary can be resolved by restarting your iPhone.
Now it totally depends on which iPhone you have:
For all other iPhones, you have the same phenomenon:
- You need to press and hold the power button till the time slide to power off appears.
- Now its time to swipe the white and red power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Now have the patience for a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again till the time you see the Apple logo on the screen.
The iPhone X is exceptional so if you have iPhone X then follow this procedure:
- Firstly you need to press and hold both the side button and either of the volume buttons until the power slider emerges.
- Swipe the power icon left to right to shut down your iPhone.
- Now just after a few seconds, press and hold only the side button continuously till the time the Apple logo displays onto the center of the screen.
Also, a recommendable tip: Simultaneously reboot your computer as well. It’s also responsive to software collisions, which could be the reason to prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPhone.
Do Not Forget to Tap “Trust This Computer”
- Side by side, you’ll see be a pop-up notification that questions if you want your iPhone to “Trust” your computer.
- This pop-up periodically arrives the first time you connect your iPhone to a new computer.
- By taping to the pop- up to “Trust This Computer” computer, you’re giving your iPhone the ability to connect to iTunes.
- There’s also a chance for iTunes not recognizing your iPhone due to the trust issues with your computer. But remember if you see the “Trust This Computer?” pop-up, always tap Trust if it is your personal computer!
If Inadvertently Tapped “Don’t Trust”
- If you inadvertently tapped “Don’t Trust” when the update emerged, Open Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location & Privacy.
- Then next time when you connect your iPhone to your computer, you’ll get the pop -up “Trust This Computer?” once again. Now this time do no tap “Don’t Trust” intentionally or unintentionally.
May Be Your Computer’s Software Require An Update
- Maybe your Computer is running old versions of the software which may run into minor glitches and viruses.
- If you are willing to fix your problem quickly what can be better than updating to the latest version of your computer’s software.
If you are connecting to the Mac then follow this phenomenon:
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Then, click About This Mac -> Software Update.
- If an update is available, click Update.
- Or else move onto the next step!
Mac’s System Information Or System Report Should Be Accurate
After taking so many measures still not iTunes not recognizing your iPhone then there’s one last software troubleshooting that can be implemented.
- Now its time to check your iPhone’s System Information or System Report to see your iPhone shows up under the USB device tree.
- Hold down the Option key<click the Apple logo on the upper left-hand corner of the screen<click System Information or System Report.
- If your Mac says System Information, click System Report when the pop-up appears. Now you’re in the System Report screen<click the USB option on the left side of the screen.
After this whole circle, if iPhone doesn’t appear in the list card, Then there’s seemingly a hardware issue blocking iTunes from recognizing your iPhone.
This could be an issue with any of the following:
- Lightning cable,
- A USB port, or
- The charging port on your iPhone.
There could be third party prevention also if your iPhone does appear in this menu. Many times, the third-party software work as some sort of security program.
iTunes still won’t recognize your iPhone now its time to go for repairs. Well till now you might have figured out the error and rectified it with the given phenomenon.
- If it’s your Lightning cable, then choosing another one is an option.
- If it’s a USB port, you may have to get your processor repaired if none of the USB ports are in working condition.
- It’s also possible that the USB end of your iPhone’s Lightning cable is the problem, so make sure you’ve tried connecting multiple devices to your computer via the USB port.
- If your iPhone’s Lightning port is making the problem, then get it repaired.
Congratulation!! Now Recognized
Now iTunes is recognizing your iPhone once again. And you are ready to clear the obstacle with all the possible measures and essential knowledge. Now, in the future, you exactly know what to do if iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone. Comment below and let us know what was the reason for iTunes not recognizing your iPhone?
Everyone around you is trying to connect you, your friends, family, and even your boss but they can’t get through and just because your iPhone goes straight to voicemail and you need to check your voice mail to and fro.
Well, firstly let’s get clear why your iPhone goes straight to voicemail when someone calls and how to fix it so that it doesn’t create any chaos in your life.
My iPhone Goes Straight To Voicemail When Someone Calls
iPhone goes straight to voicemail because:
- iPhone has no service
- Do Not Disturb is turned on,
- or a Carrier Settings update is available.
Let’s identify the cause and fix the problem
The Causes Why iPhone Goes Straight To Voicemail
There are three main reasons why iPhones go straight to voicemail, and the first one is very obvious and everybody knows it. Most of the time it happens due to the other two reasons that are either do Not Disturb is turned on or no service has been given to the iPhone.
No Service / Airplane Mode
When the iPhone is too distant to connect to cell towers, or when it’s cut off from the outside world with Airplane Mode, all calls go straight to voicemail as iPhone isn’t connected to the cellular network.
Do Not Disturb
When the iPhone is locked (the screen is off), Do Not Disturb silences all incoming calls, text message notifications, and alerts on the iPhone. Do Not Disturb sends incoming calls straight to voicemail.
How to identify If Do Not Disturb Is Turned On?
Look in the upper right-hand corner of the iPhone, just to the left of the battery icon. If there is a crescent moon, Do Not Disturb is turned on.
How To Turn Off Do Not Disturb?
- The quickest way to turn off Do Not Disturb is found in Control Center.
- To Open Control Center
- swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s display.
- Look for the crescent moon icon
- Tap to turn off Do Not Disturb.
- Do Not Disturb can also be turned off through the Settings app by going to Settings -> Do Not Disturb.
- Tap the switch to the right of Do Not Disturb to turn off Do Not Disturb.
Let’s see how Do Not Disturb Get Turned On In The First Place?
Open the Settings app and tap on Do Not Disturb. Is Scheduled turned on? then the Phone will automatically turn Do Not Disturb on and off when you go to sleep.
Do Not Disturb While Driving
- A new feature introduced with iOS 11 called Do Not Disturb While Driving may turn on automatically when your iPhone detects when you’re riding a car.
- To turn off Do Not Disturb While Driving, first you’ll need to add Do Not Disturb While Driving to Control Center by going to Settings -> Control Center -> Customize Controls and tap the green plus sign on the left side of Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and tap the Do Not Disturb While Driving icon.
Some readers have reported a new solution that appeared in a recent version of iOS: Change Announce Calls to Always. Go to Settings -> Phone -> Announce Calls, tap Always, and give it a try.
Scrutinize For A Carrier Settings Update
- If calls go straight to voicemail, its time to update the carrier settings on the iPhone.
- Now the question arises what is Carrier settings?
- Carrier settings are what allows the iPhone to connect to the carrier’s wireless network.
- If the iPhone’s carrier settings are out of date (expired), it may have trouble connecting to your carrier’s network, which could cause incoming phone calls to go straight to the voicemail.
Turn Off Silence Unknown Callers
- Silence Unknown Callers will send phone calls from unknown numbers directly to voicemail.
- The call will show up in the Recents tab in Phone even though it goes straight to voicemail.
- Open Settings and tap Phone: Turn off the switch next to Silence Unknown Callers to turn this setting off.
Check the iPhone’s Volume
- Make sure the volume is audible as iPhone’s volume being muted won’t keep calls from coming through and if not then,
- Open the Settings app and tap on “Sounds & Haptics”
- Adjust the slider beneath the “Ringer and Alerts” header to the desired volume- while sliding the iPhone will play a short sound showing how loud the ringer will be.
Connect to the Carrier
Connect to the cell carrier about an issue with service for missed or dropped calls. If it becomes a routine phenomenon that isn’t fixed by any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article, then connecting to the provider is an only option to see if there are any known issues or if there is a tower update that needs to be done on their end.
Wireless Carrier Support Contact Numbers
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- Sprint: 1-888-211-4727
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- T-Mobile: 1-877-746-0909
Back On The Track
Well, once the procedure is done iPhone is ringing again and the calls aren’t going straight to voicemail. Do Not Disturb is a beneficial feature while sleeping, but it can cause some serious health issues if not utilized correctly. I hope this article has given you a satisfactory solution to your problem.
Accidentally Deleted App Store
Deleted the app store mistakenly and now searching for? Well, this is the article you are searching for. If you are worried about the possibility of App Store Icon being deleted on your iPhone, the good news is that you or anyone with access to your iPhone can’t delete the App Store Icon.
The most examined possibility is that App Store Icon is misplaced somewhere on your iPhone or your device is preventing you from accessing the App Store.
Double Check Everywhere
- Make sure the icon is not in a folder.
- Check every Home screen and every folder.
- Also, use search to see if you can find it.
- From the Home screen, swipe to the left screen, then search for the “App Store” to see if it appears.
Let’s Get Back Your Missing Apps
- Launch “Settings” from the Home screen.
- In iOS12 and higher choose “Screen Time” > “Content Privacy & Restrictions” > “Content Privacy” > “Allowed Apps“. In iOS 11 and lower, choose “General” > “Restrictions“. If your iPhone is running a version of iOS earlier than 12, the process is a little different. This may be different from the passcode lock you usually use to unlock your phone. If you don’t know this password, the only way to disable the password and reenable the App Store is to restore your iPhone back to factory settings using iTunes.
- Well now as you are searching at the Restrictions menu, tap Disable Restrictions at the top to fix the problem once and for all. As you contemplate through the options, you might notice you accidentally had some functionality turned off. If you were thinking that you deleted the App Store on an iPhone running iOS 11 or earlier, you probably just had ‘Installing Apps’ turned off.
- Make sure “iTunes Store” and you will want to set it to “On“.
App Store Purchases. Make sure it says next to Install Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-app Purchases. Still, if one of these options says Don’t Allow, tap on it, then tap Allow.
Reset Home Screen
The icon may be on a different home screen or in a folder. Look on other screens and within folders. If you still can’t find it, try resetting the home screen by selecting “Settings” > “General “> “Reset” > “Reset Home Screen Layout“. Well, this must return your icons to default settings and restore the App Store icon.
Restore Your iPhone:
Unable to revive your Restrictions passcode for the and struggling with it your whole life, here are some suggestions to make the restore process go nice and smooth:
- Back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before you restore your phone. That way, just in case something goes wonky, you’re 100% safe and sound.
- Transfer all your photos and videos to your computer using the USB charger cable that came with your iPhone.
- Double-check that all your contacts, calendars, notes, and other personal information are synchronized on iCloud, Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, or any other cloud service. If any personal information is stored on the cloud, it won’t be deleted when you restore your iPhone, and it will be immediately come back to your device when you set up those accounts again.
AppStore Is Back!
HURRAY!! you got your AppStore back. Well, this is the fact that it cannot be deleted. But searching for it can frustrate you as it is time-consuming and difficult to search without proper guidance. And to make your work easier and save your time this article is really beneficial for you. Comment below and let us know how useful was this article to you to get back your AppStore?
How To Enable Amazon Prime Video Restriction?
As a parent, there are many things you need to take care of many things. And also need to take care that your children don’t get in contact with any content which is not suitable for your kid. Amazon contains a wide range of shows and sequences from stand-up comedy shows to thriller shows, it has everything. But, some of these shows contain undivided adult content which may not be suitable for a kid to watch. It consists of violence, sex, nudity, drug abuse, and other matured stuff. The most desirable way to keep it away from your child is by using amazon prime video parental controls.
Willing to keep your child away from all mature content, then what could better than opting for Amazon prime Parental controls apps. This is the article providing you with the suitability to learn how to set parental control on Amazon prime.
So let’s discuss how to monitor your child’s activity on amazon prime and how you can control them.
How To Set Parental Controls On Amazon Prime? Let’s Facilitate
Amazon prime will help you to protect your child from the mature content. By following some specific steps what your children should see will be in your control.
Let’s start the step by step procedure to set parental control on Amazon prime.
Visit Amazon Prime
- You must visit the page of Amazon Prime Parental Controls. before visiting you make sure that you are signed in to your Amazon account. By visiting the site of Amazon.com you could do the same procedure.
- Here, you will get the option of accounts and lists. You will find it at the top right of your screen.
- Tap on the screen. After tapping on that option, you will get the choice of settings.
- Now click onto the settings and switch to the parental controls tab.
- Carry on with configuring the Prime Video parental control.
- On the top of the page, you will find another option of ‘change.’ On that option, you have to change the PIN and give the five digits PIN.
- Well, you have to use this PIN to authorize and rental and purchase of the original videos. Additionally, you will need this PIN to bypass parental control.
- You will observe the option of PIN on Purchase. Under that option, you will get the sub-option of ‘On.’
- Now, select that option so that nobody can spend coins on Amazon prime, without your permission.
- However, anytime you will try to buy or rent things from Amazon prime, you have to enter than a PIN.
- If you want you can turn off the option for your convenience. It sounds beneficial for the souls who are sharing an account with you.
Set-Up The Viewing Restriction
Now its time to set-up the viewing restriction.
- You will find the default is 18, which consists of the mature contents.
- Nevertheless, you can pick the category of age if you want to set on your Amazon prime.
There are three groups that you will find
- G (General), and
- 7 (Family).
Well, the restrictions are signified on the ratings of the video:
- All the members of the family can enjoy the G and seven sections.
- But if you are willing to watch the categories of 13 and 18, you ought to provide the PIN.
Final Step: Amazon Prime Parental Controls
- This is the final step about Amazon Prime Parental Controls. Here, you have to select the devices where you want to set-up the parental controls.
- You have to opt for the ‘Viewing Restrictions To’ option. By default, you get an opportunity to check all the devices. Still, if you want to uncheck any device, you can do so.
- Here the PIN is not necessary.
Amazon Prime Parental Controls Finally Set!!
Amazing! Now Amazon Prime Parental Control has been set and you are secure with choices of shows your kids should see. As parents, it is really difficult to keep eye on your kids all the time but that is why Amazon prime has given you such a good setting to make it amazon a desirable site for your children to watch. This article provides you step by step guide set Amazon Prime Parental Control easily so that you do not face any issue while doing the procedure. Comment below and let us know how easy wast it for you to set Amazon Prime Parental Control?
How To Turn Off Autocorrect On iPhone?
Well, while writing any text auto correct interrupting, again and again, can be irritating especially if your iPhone is correcting the wrong words or phrases. And you desire to disable auto correct on your iPhone, but you don’t know how to do it? Do not worry this article is what you are searching for. Let’s see how to turn off autocorrect on iPhone so you can use the keyboard without having to worry about your words being changed and delivering wrong phrases and words.
First, let’s gather little information about the auto correct feature of iPhone.
Autocorrect is a software function that automatically makes suggestions or changes to what you’ve typewritten if it believes you’ve made a spelling or grammatical error. As technology has become more excellent and advanced, autocorrect is now able to identify more precise grammar errors with more prominent efficiency.
Auto-correct Used In Which Application?
Apple’s autocorrect feature, known as Auto-Correction, is active in any app that uses the keyboard of your iPhone. As time is passing each technology is providing the best features they could which include the iPhone as well. The iPhone has always had some form of autocorrecting software, which is enhancing frequently more advanced. This feature is being inbuilt in the messages app, the Notes app, email app, and many more. So just make sure that you want to disable autocorrect in all the applications as when you disable autocorrect on your iPhone, it will apply to all of your apps that use the keyboard, not just the Messages app.
Now, Let’s Know How To Turn Off Autocorrect On iPhone
- Go To The Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Tap the switch next to Auto-Correction.
- You’ll get to know that Auto-Correction is off when the switch is grey.
This is it to turn off autocorrect on iPhone! Now when you’ll use your iPhone keyboard, you’ll see that your words are no longer being auto corrected.
How To Use Auto-Correction?
Auto-Correction uses your keyboard dictionary to spellcheck words as you type, automatically correcting misspelt words for you. To use it, just type in a text field.
To make sure that this setting is turned on, use these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Auto-Correction. By default, Auto-Correction is on.
A Few More Keyboard Tips for Your iPhone
Great! The auto correct has been successfully now on your iPhone and your sentences won’t change the meaning anymore. Now as you are aware now on how to turn off autocorrect on an iPhone, try sharing your knowledge. As you may know that this is one of the most common issues being faced by several people. Comment below and let us know how useful was this article to you and is your iPhone creating any autocorrect issue anymore?