By default, WhatsApp Auto-saves all the downloaded images & Video Files to Your Android’s gallery, Where all the Images including those cliche Good Morning and Good Night Wishes from your family groups clatter and make it difficult to find what you want to. So here’s how you can disable Whatsapp’s images From appearing in your Android’s Gallery:
Open Your Whatsapp Application And Click on the 3-Dot Menu
Now in the 3-Dot Menu, Click on Settings.
Now in the Settings, Click on Chats.
In Chats, Click on Media Visibility and disable it.
Now no WhatsApp images will ve appearing in your Android’s Gallery.
NOTE: The files downloaded would only be hidden in the gallery and can be accessed from any file manager.
How To Disable Media Auto-Downloading In Whatsapp?
Whatsapp comes with Media Auto-Download by default which downloads media automatically as soon as it’s received. And this downloads all the useless Pictures, Videos, etc automatically which you don’t want in your Gallery, where Sometimes there are some important images there in your Whatsapp gallery, like Family Photos, Videos, etc which you want to appear in your Android’s Gallery. So here, what you can do is, you can disable this auto-downloading feature and Manually download those Important pictures which you want in your gallery. Here’s how you do it:
- Open your Whatsapp and Open the 3-Dot Menu
- Now in the 3-Dot Menu, Click on Settings.
- Now in the Settings Menu, Click on Data & Storage Usage.
- Now in the Media Auto-Download, Uncheck all the file types, While using Mobile Data, Wi-Fi & when in roaming ( If you want to Auto-Download only a certain kind of file, then you can keep it checked)
This option will be really helpful for you if you receive a lot of Images or other files on your WhatsApp by now downloading them automatically. This will be helpful for your pocket if you’re on a limited data plan. Also, you cannot disable Voice Messages Auto downloading as per WhatsApp because it reduces the communication experience.
I hope this article helped you keep your Whatsapp downloads managed. Please let us know in the comments if you have any queries about anything.
After the Smartphone rage, its era of Smart Watches! With the growth in the tech industry, these watches offer’s you so many features that you’ll almost forget that it’s a watch! And Apple being the leader in this smartwatches genre, provides a ton of features and new watch faces where each of these faces can be customized according to the user’s need, called ‘ Complications’. This takes watch faces and smartwatches to a whole new level.
How to change watch faces on your Apple Watch:
- From your watch face, swipe left or right from edge to edge
- Stop when you get the watch face you want to use.
How To Get Best Apple Watch Faces: Customization
- Tap and hold on your watch face
- Swipe left to right to select your watch face
- Tap on customize
- Swipe left and right to change the feature and scroll the crown to change it
- Press the digital crown to finish editing
- Once done, tap on the watch face to apply it
How to delete a watch face from your Apple Watch:
- Go to your current watch face, then tap and hold on the display.
- Swipe left or right to the watch face that you want to remove.
- Swipe up and tap Remove.
- If you want to, you can create the watch face again later.
How to Add Faces to Your Collection:
Many watch faces can be added with any number of customizations to your collection for faster access. You can always change the face according to the occasion, dress, usage, etc. By adding faces to your collection, you can change it anytime just by swiping left to right and choosing the right face for yourself!
- Open the watch face and tap and tap & hold the display.
- Swipe all the way to the right and tap the plus (+) icon.
- Swipe up and down or use the slider to browse the faces and tap the one you wish to add.
- Customize the face to your preferences.
How to hide Now Playing on your Apple Watch
When you play music, Now Playing automatically opens. Here’s how to change the setting
- Open the Settings app on your watch.
- Tap General
- Goto Wake Screen.
- Turn off Auto-Launch Audio Apps
Its that simple!
I hope this blog cleared all your doubts related to changing, removing, adding and customizing apple watch faces according to your needs. If you have any other queries, feel free to comment down below and we’ll try to help you with it.
Dropped your iPhone in the water? Maybe in the bathtub, Lake, Sea or maybe in your toilet seat? Don’t panic! iPhone’s seem to drop and get damaged all the time. And cracked Screen is the most common amongst these but the second most common is iPhone water damage!
But worry not! If you take some smart steps, your phone might survive this dive and get dunked some other time, as iPhones are not totally waterproof, they’re Water Resistant and the Next Generation iPhone’s might be totally Waterproof, so you can take them for a dive without any worries.
Water Proof Vs Water Resistant
People have a lot of confusion between water Proof & Water Resistant. Well, both of these are very different from each other. There’s nothing that can be truly considered as Waterproof as no manufacturer can absolutely guarantee that. And anything which can withstand a little bit of moisture is called Water-Resistant.
The Water-Resistant Products are given IP Ratings ( Ingress Protection Ratings) which guides consumers to determine the level of water resistance. This IP rating has 2 digits. Digit one from 1 to 7 and Digit two from 1 to 9. The first digit refers to intrusion protection which means protection from dust and the second one refers to moisture protection
So now you know the Difference between Water-Resistant and Waterproof now, so let’s take a look at the fix!
Wipe the Exterior
First, get your iPhone out of that H2O right away if you haven’t already and wipe the exterior carefully with a tissue or cloth. And don’t even try to turn on your device because it might be wet from inside which can cause internal shoe-circuits which may cause permanent or long-term damage to your device.
If you have some case on your device, remove it and clean the device from the back. After all external wiping, Open the Sim Tray and remove the SIM card. And if you are geek enough to remove the iPhone’s Battery all by yourself, then remove the battery too but it will void your iPhone;s warranty.
Also, clear all the ports and Grills on your device by giving it a gentle shake because it’s not water which damages the device, its Short-Circuits which causes damage.
Switch the Device Off
After wiping your device externally, you might be curious to check whether it’s still working or no but don’t! Because it may cause damage to the circuits permanently damaging some parts or sensors and you definitely don’t want that to happen right? If the device is switched off, leave it and dry out the liquid first.
In case if you spill some drink on your mobile while it’s turned off or in sleep mode, then all you have is 2 options, either to leave it off or if it’s in sleep mode, pray that no notifications show up. And if you receive any notification, it’ll turn on the screen, which may get damaged due to the moisture present inside the device which can lead to a short circuit that can permanently damage your screen.
Dry it out with Silica Gel
Remember those White Un-edible small packets which come inside of any electronic device especially when it’s shipped from a humid climate. Well, Those Silica Gel Packets are usually used by manufacturers to keep their product moisture free and fresh for their buyers.
These small packets reduce the moisture content in the environment and a handful of these will be used to dry out your iPhone. You can get these from any Art & Craft shop nearby. You just need to cover your iPhone with these packets and leave it for 48 hours for it to work efficiently and dry out all the liquid inside.
Don’t try to dry out your Phone with a hairdryer because it may heat up the components of the device to an unbearable temperature which can cause permanent damage to the component. You can use a hairdryer only if it has a cool breeze mode.
No Silica? Try Rice!
If Silica Gel packets are not available near you, we got an alternative for you which can be found easily in every household. Uncooked Rice! You heard it right! All you need to do is take a bowl full of Uncooked Rice, Keep your Damp iPhone on it and cover it with more rice. Be Careful! Those small rice grains might end up being stuck inside your speaker grills or other ports or the Rice Flour Dust might get into it. So better option is Silica Gel Packets but in case if it’s not available, you can go for uncooked rice, it works fairly well.
That stuff in the bowl will suck all the moisture from your device if you keep it buried inside Uncooked rice for 48 hours.
Unscrew the Device Yourself
If you’re really confident about dismantling your iPhone to dry it out yourself, then this one’s for you. You need to Unscrew the Screws on the bottom side of the device right next to the speaker grills. You might need some special kind of screw-driver to unscrew these which can easily be found online sold by Some unofficial 3rd party manufacturers who make these Apple Repair Kits.
After you Unscrew it, clean up the back cover of the iPhone from inside with a soft cloth. Then try to remove the battery first to avoid any shortcircuits. Now take clean soft cotton or micro-fiber cloth and clean the inside of the iPhone very carefully because a little mistake can damage some delicate part permanently.
Now plug that battery back on and Fix then back cover the main body with the screw. This is the only way to clean the moisture from inside as the warranty of the device is already voided due to water damage.
How to Check if Liquid Damage of iPhone is Still There?
All the iPhone’s manufactured or launched after 2006 comes with a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) which instantly turns red when it comes in contact with liquid and stays red unless it’s dried out. Once the liquid is dried out, the LCI Strip changes its color back to normal which is Silver or white.
Here’s a list showing you how to check LCI Strip in iPhones
When Should You Turn Your Device On?
Never turn on your device right after the Liquid Damage Incident as it may cause short circuits. After you’ve followed all the above steps carefully, check whether the LCI Strip is still red. If The LCI is still red, do not turn your device on. Instead, take it to your nearest Apple Store. And if the LCI is in its normal color, i.e Silver or white, then you can try turning the device on as all the liquid content is not there anymore.
Precautions To Take So This Doesn’t Repeat!
Accident’s Happen when they’re least expected, So its better safe than sorry.
Follow these simple precautions to keep your device safe from water damage :
- Never take your Electronic Device near Swimming Pools, Beaches, Toilets, or anywhere where they might come in contact with liquid.
- If you want to still take it near water bodies, then get a good Waterproof case for your device and apply. Now you can use your iPhone near water without any worries.
- Keep an Emergency Damp Device kit with you always which should contain cotton, tissue papers, silica gel, uncooked rice, etc which will help you in drying out water instantly.
I hope this article would’ve helped you in saving your iPhone from water damage. If you have any queries you can ask me in the comment’s down below for a faster reply. Or you can always visit support.apple.com
iPhone Battery Drains Fast | The Fix!
Well, you must’ve been very excited about iOS 13 Update like me! But as you know, new iOS update means new battery Draining issues and guess what came with this update, ‘ANOTHER BATTERY DRAINING ISSUE’.iPhone’s Battery Draining issues are by far one of the most common issues experienced by the users.
My iPhone X normally lasts up to 15-16 hours on a normal day usage and lasts up to 9-10 hours if I use it heavily, like watching movies, playing games, etc. But I recently updated my device to the latest iOS 13 update and now my phone’s battery lasts up to just 9-10 hours on a Normal Use! Sure the new iOS update brings a lot more features, better user experience, makes it more secure, etc, but these new features also consume a lot more battery and would drain out your iPhone much faster. And most of the new iOS updates are optimized for their latest devices (like iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro & Pro Max) which ends up messing with their older device’s (like iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 6, etc) performance and battery.
And if you haven’t updated your iPhone to the latest iOS version and still you’re having battery draining issues, then you’re at the right place! I’ll be giving the exact reasons why your iPhone’s battery is draining so fast with tried & tested methods which will surely help you save up a lot of battery.
So first, let’s begin with Exactly why your iPhone’s battery is draining so fast!
Reason’s why your iPhone’s Battery Doesn’t Last Long!
- Unnecessary Location Services: Location Services are one of the main causes of battery drainage on your iPhone. Did you know your iPhone tracks you everywhere? Think about how much battery this must be consuming. Also, a lot of Applications use your location for several reasons, and most of them don’t even require your location when you aren’t using them but still, they are granted location services that are battery consuming and a privacy breach for you! You might want to leave your location services on for say Maps, but most of the other apps like Facebook, Instagram, etc don’t need your location services all the time. And you can always change these permissions for each app according to your convenience to Only While using the app, Always on, Never or Ask Next time. To change these permissions,
- Open Settings App
- Scroll Down to Privacy
- Go to Location Services
- Now scroll down amongst the apps and permit location access to only those app that require location services to function.
2. Push Email Services: When Push Email Services are enabled, your iPhone stays in a constant connection with email servers and as you receive an email, it instantly notifies you about the Email! Cool and Convenient isn’t it?
This is how Apple’s Push Email Service Works when it’s enabled, it constantly maintains a connection between your iPhone and Email Servers constantly Asking the servers ‘ any mails yet? Any mails yet? Any Mails yet?’ And this flow of dada consumes a hell lot of battery. Well, you can always tweak some settings and save a lot of battery!
- Go to setting’s App
- Open Account’s and Passwords
- Open Fetch New Data
- Turn off push and enable fetch in every 15 minutes.
- Now tap on each email account logged in to the device and change it to fetch.
3. Turn Off Widgets: These widgets are like ‘Small Apps’ which continuously run in the background and keeps refreshing in the background which consumes a lot of battery if you use multiple of them. So it’s better to turn off all the unnecessary widgets like stocks, dual clock, etc which you don’t use often. It’ll add up in saving you a lot of battery!
Here’s how you disable unnecessary widgets:
- Tap on the Home Button or Swipe Up (in iPhone X and above) to go to your iPhone’s Home Page.
- Now Swipe from Left to Right unless you get widgets.
- Now Scroll down and tap on the Edit Button.
- Now a List of widgets will show up and you add or remove widgets according to your convenience.
- Tap on the Red (-) Button to remove the widget.
4. Close Unnecessary Background Apps: Stop the high processing Demanding Apps like Social Media Apps, Games, Safari ( With multiple tabs), etc which are using over 60% of your CPU Processing. You can check this in Activity Manager which could be found in Battery>View Activity Data or simply search for Activity in the settings. Limiting the Background Processes and Reducing Unnecessary Start on Startup apps might help you keep your processing low which would result in a longer battery backup!
You should also close all your apps once in every 2 days. Just Pressing the home button or Swping up doesn’t close the app, instead, that app gets stored in the RAM and keeps rinning in the background so that when you open the app again, you can liftoff from where you stopped. To close the app, you need to Double-tap the Home Button which will open the App Switcher from where you can see all the apps running in the background. So to close the app from the background, swipe-up and knock the app off the screen and the app will be closed.
5. Keep your Device Cool: Apple officials suggest keeping your iPhone under normal temperatures i.e between 1 Degree to 40 degrees. Exposing your iPhone for a long time in extreme heating conditions or extremely cold conditions, your battery may get damaged temporarily or permanently. For example, don’t leave your iPhone in your car or some bench at the park on an extremely hot day for an extremely prolonged period.
6. Reset Your iPhone: After trying everything, you’re still facing a battery draining issue, then your iPhone might be having a software issue that can only be resolved by resetting your iPhone to factory settings.
While resetting your iPhone, you will lose all your data, including images, documents, contact, etc. So it’s better to back all your important data to iCloud and you can restore it once your device has completed its reset process.
After everything is back to normal, then you can download all your important apps back ( avoid installing unnecessary apps). It’s just a little work, but it’s totally worth it!
Follow these steps to reset your iPhone :
- Open the Settings App.
- Go to General Tab.
- Tap on Reset
- Select Erase all Settings And Content. Verify your identity and confirm.
7. Nothing Working?: Well if nothing is working on your iPhone’s Battery Draining issue? Then you probably have to get your battery replaced. I would suggest you get an apple plus subscription (PS ADD MY PREVIOUS ARTICLE’s LINK ABOUT APPLE PLUS). If you have an Apple Plus Subscription, then the Apple Experts will visit your place and will get your battery replaced within 30mins.
Your battery might have worn out because of excessive use, Charging your device with a third party Charger, Using your device in extreme conditions, etc. It’s better to get your battery replaced as your old battery might cause some performance issues.
Some Battery Saving Tips?
Here are some bonus battery saving tips which will help you save a lot more battery:
- Adjust Screen Brightness: Keeping your Screen Brightness on auto might consume a lot more battery as it keeps the Proximity Sensor Running in the background which consumes a lot more battery. You can always set your iPhone’s Brightness manually according to your convenience.
- Turn Off Raise to Wake: Raise to Wake was introduced with iOS 13 update where when you pick your mobile, the screen automatically wakes up and tries to recognize your face to unlock such that you don’t have to press the lock key to unlock your device.\
But sometimes, this can be annoying! If you’re walking with your iPhone in hands, the walking action makes the iPhone screen unlock and this goes on and on resulting in high battery consumption.
- Enable Low Power Mode: The Low Power Mode on iPhone when turned on, reduces battery consumption by almost 60%. L.P.M reduces battery consumption by reducing background processes like Siri, Background App Refreshing, Email Sync, and more. These are the main processes that keep running in the background continuously and consume a hell lot of your battery! LMP id automatically turned on when your iPhone’s battery reaches 20%. Don’ know for what reason, but LPU is only available on iPhones, not iPads.
Know more about Low Power Mode From here!
- Enable Airplane mode: As you know, iPhone’s suck a lot of battery in searching for SIM Networks. To reduce this battery consumption, you can enable Airplane mode in areas where there are no or Low Network Coverage.
- Disable Location Service: Location Services are one of the main causes of battery drainage on your iPhone. Manty Apps and your iPhone itself keep a track of your location and this consumes a lot of battery. This is how you Disable Location Services:
- Open Settings App
- Scroll Down to Privacy
- Go to Location Services
- Now scroll down amongst the apps and permit location access to only those app that require location services to function.
I hope this article would’ve helped you fix your Battery Draining issue on your iPhone. Please let us know in the comments if you have any queries related to this topic or some ideas for the future. You can also visit support.apple.com for more info!
With the new Apple devices in the market, many Apple fans are planning to upgrade to the new-gen devices which comes with more advanced features, more reliable security, and a much user-friendly interface. But you must’ve invested a lot already in your old device right? Well, there are many ways to get rid of that old device for a fair price. You can Recycle, Auction, Resell or Trade-In your Old iPhone for a new one!
You can also sell it directly at Online Or Offline Auctions or Some marketplaces, Sell it locally on sites like Flipsy, Cashify, Olx, etc, Exchange it on Online Shopping Sites like Amazon where they buy your old device and give store credits for the same or you can just give it away to one of your family member who needs to upgrade or needs a secondary device.
One of the most popular trade-in ways Apple’s own Apple Trade In program — but is it the best way to trade in your old phone?
So, Is Apple Trade In The Best Way To Sell My iPhone?
Apple’s own Trade-in program is one of the best ways to trade in your old iPhone for store credit or Make it easy for you to buy a new one. It removes all middleman and because it apple’s own Trade-In program, it makes it more trustworthy than most. Even though the Trade-in is done by Program Partners, But sure it’s backed up by one of the world’s largest company Apple, which is very loyal to its buyers.
Apple assures Hassle-Free Trade-in for your old device and would guide you through correctly even if you made a mistake. Apple is known to provide fair rates for its old device, neither too high nor too low, but things might go a bit different in some cases!
Apple Also Assures to keep all your data safe as when you go to the store to trade-in your device, They help you in backing-up all your device’s data and wipe it from your device before you hand it over to them.
If you want to upgrade your Old iPhone X for the latest iPhone 11, then you might have just got the deal! Apple would trade in your old iPhone X and would give Store credits which can later be used in buying your all-new iPhone 11!
For Example, If you want to buy iPhone 11 Or iPhone 11 Pro / Pro Max. Apple offers around 300$ for an iPhone X in good condition where the new iPhone X comes for 450$! Where you can give your old iPhone X to Apple store plus 150$ more and you can get your brand new iPhone 11 for just 150$ extra! Great isn’t it?
Estimated Trade-In prices by Apple.com
|iPhone XS Max||Appx. 500$|
|iPhone XS||Appx. 410$|
|iPhone XR||Appx. 300$|
|iPhone X||Appx. 320$|
|iPhone 8 Plus||Appx. 250$|
|iPhone 8||Appx. 170$|
|iPhone 7 Plus||Appx. 150$|
|iPhone 7||Appx. 120$|
|iPhone 6 Plus||Appx. 100$|
|iPhone 6||Appx. 80$|
But just like every other thing, Apple’s Trade-in also has a downside which we’ll discuss now!
The biggest downside with Apple’s Trade-in Program is that you can’t buy anything else with the money you get by trading your old device but only any other Apple Product. If you’re trading your old device and buying a new one instantly or if you have an active order on Apple.com, then you’ll get the trade values of your old device directly on your Card, but if you’re just trading in your old device for some $$ then you’ll be stuck with stupid Apple Store gift card which you may or may not want.
Also, Apple’s Trade In program does offer some good and fair prices but as you know they’re not always the best. That’s why most people prefer 3rd Party Sites or Sources which may provide a better deal and would pay in cash so you’re not forced for buying another Apple Product.
And on comparing with other 3rd party sites like Amazon or eBay, you don’t have much control over Apple’s Trade-In program. For instance, I traded my old iPhone 7 Plus when I was buying the new iPhone XS Max and it took almost 45 Days for the Trade-in values to appear in my bank account where Amazon and eBay do the same within 6 working days. So it’s better to go for some other ways of selling your iPhone if you can’t give up your control over the Trade.
Other Ways of Selling your iPhone
- You can go to any apple store and get your device trade-in for a fair deal if you’re upgrading to their latest flagships eg, iPhone 11 Or iPhone 11 Pro / Pro Max. Apple offers around 300$ for an iPhone X in good condition where the new iPhone X comes for 450$! Not a bad deal right?
- You can sell your device to a third party seller like Cashify, Olx, etc where they pay you on the basis of the condition of your device. Sometimes the prices are better than Apple-Trade-In sometimes is lower.
- You can always sell your old Device to some local Electronic shops for instant cash or you can trade-in your old device and get a discount of the trading value on the new one.
- You can also exchange your old device while buying a new one on sites like Amazon, Flipkart, Walmart, etc where they buy your old device for a discount on your new device. Where they refurbished your old device and sell it on their sites or sell it back to the brand they belong to.
- If you’re not getting a good price for your device, then you can always use this old device as your secondary phone or work phone or just give to it one of your family members who need to upgrade their device.
So as a conclusion, if you want to sell your iPhone and buy the latest iPhone or some other Apple product, you can Trade-in your old iPhone with Apple Trade-in, And if you want to sell your iPhone for cash, then you can sell it to some third-party Website such as Cashify, Amazon, etc or you can simply choose the one who provides the best price!
I hope this blog helped you in selling your old iPhone. If you have any other queries related to this topic or some other topic, then you can always comment down below for faster solutions or just visit support.apple.com